PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Hydro on top of AIO?

keepitclean
02-10-2018, 10:00 AM
I have a couple of cars coming up (if it ever quits raining) and I have typically been using a AIO for mild correction and as a LSP. I also have CarPro Hydro on the way and wondering about the application of CarPro on top of the AIO. I believe this would be considered a sealant on top of a sealant but since there isn't a lot of information on this need advise. I have read that Hydro on top ox wax is not the best application. Thanks

SWETM
02-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I would use carpro essence primer and then hydro2 on top. Essence is like a aio but have to be topped with something and it's has a protection in it like a base layer primed for carpros coatings, reload, hydro2, hydro foam and essence plus. You extend the longevity of hydro2 that way. And the gloss level that essence leaves is great.

FUNX650
02-10-2018, 11:03 AM
You didn’t mention the AIO you use.

It would seem to me that most AIOs
would interfere with the aspect of
Hydro2 bonding to vehicle surfaces.

CarPro’s Essence X.G.E. (AIO) may,
indeed, be the exception in providing
an acceptable “base” for Hydro2.

Bob

keepitclean
02-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Using Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream

thanks

TTQ B4U
02-10-2018, 04:21 PM
I would not. Hydro will likely streak badly if over top of a wax or synthetic sealant. I would only apply it over something like CarPro Essence after polishing if that's what you're looking at using as your LSP.

keepitclean
02-10-2018, 04:57 PM
sounds like clay, paint correction if needed, surface cleaning polish (pinnacle black label) and carpro hydro,,,,,,,might be the ticket

fightnews
02-11-2018, 04:47 AM
sounds like clay, paint correction if needed, surface cleaning polish (pinnacle black label) and carpro hydro,,,,,,,might be the ticket

Worst surface cleaning polish ever. Hope you dont end up with a swirled out mess from the polish separating and drying. Happen to me 2x with 2 different bottles