PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic wax or silica wax list

Pages : [1] 2

Mgavin1985
02-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Hello all I am looking to gather a list of ceramic waxes so far I blacklabel synergy, Angelwax ENIGMA, Dr Beasley plasma coat, infinity wax, cherry silica wax, the chemical guys one I forget name, are their more out their? I’m sure this community knows

MattPersman
02-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Dodo juice supernatural hybrid nano

Not super common here in the USA where most of our users are from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custmsprty
02-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Dodo juice supernatural hybrid nano

Not super common here in the USA where most of our users are from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deleted my post, I was thinking Hybrid Sealant, not nano.

fightnews
02-09-2018, 05:36 AM
Carnubaflockencreme

fightnews
02-09-2018, 05:39 AM
Hello all I am looking to gather a list of ceramic waxes so far I blacklabel synergy, Angelwax ENIGMA, Dr Beasley plasma coat, infinity wax, cherry silica wax, the chemical guys one I forget name, are their more out their? I’m sure this community knows

The real question is how many of said waxes have you used and what are your opinions on them? I happen to be a fan of these type of waxes.

I don't think plasma coat is a hybrid wax. I think it's a quartz coating with no wax

Mgavin1985
02-09-2018, 05:54 AM
i Have not tried any of these because of how expensive they all are? Thanks for your replies the list is growing.

fightnews
02-12-2018, 07:42 AM
If you want you can buy the dodo hybrid nano wax. They have a tiny one for cheap that's enough for 5-6 coats.

I have something I find odd to point out though, Im getting ready to apply the dodo juice wax. First they tell you to avoid getting it wet for 24 hours. Then they say if you have a hard time buffing it off to use a water based quick detailer. I don't get that?

FUNX650
02-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Hello all I am looking to gather
a list of ceramic waxes...

“Ceramic/Silica” Waxes? :dunno:

However:
I’ve heard of Waxes, (natural; synthetic; micro-
crystalline), into which: manufacturers have laid
claims to have incorporated many assorted ingre-
dients—some of which could actually be of the
ceramic/silica/quartz/sand(glass)/etc. persuasion.

Bob

Mgavin1985
02-12-2018, 11:36 AM
To me it seems like this is a nice little niche to the coating market for folks that can’t keep their hands off a coated car like myself. But these waxes are so expensive. I really think if I bought one my wife would punch me right in the face she knows because autogeek uses the tape that has the initials PBMC or something like that. I’m going to look into a sample size from dodo. Has anyone used Dr Beasley plasma coat?

DBAILEY
02-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Your should visit the Detailing World Forum (UK & Europe) to find out more about the SiO2 infused waxes. They are more popular over there and there are newer ones coming on the market all the time. We just can't get our hands on them unless you're willing to pay double the product price in order to have it shipped overseas. I only have 1 so far and it is the PBL Synergy wax. I really like it using in on my own car and has great durability for me. I think they provide the best of both wax and coating worlds. I think that water spotting is less of any issue with the SiO2 infused waxes than a straight coating.

I am going to apply the Synergy for my spring clean up and top it off with PA High Gloss spray to see if there is any magic in that combo.

BadgerRivFan
02-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Has anyone used Dr Beasley plasma coat?

I have Plasma Coat on a couple panels of my winter driver, along with Viking Coat on the majority of the car. I used PC where I had some paintwork done after it had cured for 30 days.

Application was easy and the durability has been fine. In fairness, I have topped up the whole car with Viking Spritz a couple of times over the winter - so it’s tough to say for sure how the Plasma Coat has done on it’s own. I like the fact that there is no cure time with this LSP. Wipe on, wipe off and your good to go.

There’s no “wax” in Plasma Coat, so I’m not really sure how it is relevant in this thread. [emoji848]

fightnews
02-16-2018, 12:01 PM
I want to like these waxes but the ONLY one I've found that doesn't leave a hazy finish is the PA Carnubaflockencreme. It's the only one that actually buffs off 100% clean. Ive used synergy at least 10 times and I've tried the dodo juice nano. I don't doubt that there are plenty of people using both of them and getting great results but, I don't think they are looking at the paint as hard as me. Or working with a true black Car with no metallic flake or anything to hide the smallest defect.

I only say this because I've applied both of them to fully clean and prepped paint multiple times and it's always the same result. A thin hazy type of flim that will not buff off the paint no matter what you try to remove it with short of an abrasive polish. I don't doubt that it's not even noticeable on most color cars not matter how bright of a light you have. I have a Scangrip Iview light and I can only see it at certain angles and my car is plain black.

I used to think it was because I was applying it wrong, Especially with the Synergy but now after trying so many different times and getting the same results from 2 different brands I think it's just the nature of these waxes. Don't get me wrong this film is hardly even noticeable and the waxes still look great on my car when I've used them but I'm so OCD with being a perfectionist I just can't deal with it.

The PA wax gives me the look and buffs off clean so I'm just using that now.

Ochnob
02-20-2018, 10:21 PM
I am currently testing out a silica wax. And I have really enjoyed it. It has changed my thinking on going the coating route. Not that expensive either. AG should launch it at some point. But PM me for the name since they don't sell it yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DBAILEY
02-21-2018, 08:29 AM
I want to like these waxes but the ONLY one I've found that doesn't leave a hazy finish is the PA Carnubaflockencreme. It's the only one that actually buffs off 100% clean. Ive used synergy at least 10 times and I've tried the dodo juice nano. I don't doubt that there are plenty of people using both of them and getting great results but, I don't think they are looking at the paint as hard as me. Or working with a true black Car with no metallic flake or anything to hide the smallest defect.

I only say this because I've applied both of them to fully clean and prepped paint multiple times and it's always the same result. A thin hazy type of flim that will not buff off the paint no matter what you try to remove it with short of an abrasive polish. I don't doubt that it's not even noticeable on most color cars not matter how bright of a light you have. I have a Scangrip Iview light and I can only see it at certain angles and my car is plain black.

I used to think it was because I was applying it wrong, Especially with the Synergy but now after trying so many different times and getting the same results from 2 different brands I think it's just the nature of these waxes. Don't get me wrong this film is hardly even noticeable and the waxes still look great on my car when I've used them but I'm so OCD with being a perfectionist I just can't deal with it.

The PA wax gives me the look and buffs off clean so I'm just using that now.

So like a slight haziness? I haven't notice myself. I will pay closer attention and see if I can tell on my own car. It's Ford's Tuxedo Black metallic any reveals when a LSP does not have good clarity

WillSports3
02-23-2018, 09:50 PM
I've never had an issue with Synergy but I have a dark blue car not a black. You know what you're doing Fightnews when it comes to cleaning and protecting your car so I'm not doubting you. I'm starting to wonder with Synergy if it just doesn't work on some clearcoat types? The reason I say that is because people either love it and it's great, or it's got issues and leaves streaks. I remember a black BMW that Mike Philips did that he put the pictures on here that were done with Synergy.

Plasma Coat is not ceramic in anyway, it's a non-polymer based sealant that's quite effective at protecting the paint, and I've used it and it's quite durable. My dads car is half High Def paint sealant and Half Plasma Coat. They're both still on the car throughout the winter and I polished and sealed the car in November. And keep in mind, my dad washes parts of his car with a mop. So. Ya.