PDA

View Full Version : First time with glazes

agarabaghi
02-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Any issues doing meguire #7 glaze and topping it off with 845?

Desertnate
02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure how well it would work. Mike Phillips here at AG seems to relegate #7 to neglected, single stage paint on classic cars.

I've used both Poorboys Black Hole and Prima Amigo under 845 with great success.

KirkH
02-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Yes I only use #7 for damaged clear coat that I am trying to rejuvenate to acceptable condition.

If you really want to play with a glaze, try a Chemical Guys glaze.

Glazes are really just for cars going to the car show this weekend. That's about how long it lasts.

Kamakaz1961
02-07-2018, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure how well it would work. Mike Phillips here at AG seems to relegate #7 to neglected, single stage paint on classic cars.

I've used both Poorboys Black Hole and Prima Amigo under 845 with great success.

Poorboys Blackhole is some great stuff! That being said, I would skip the glaze unless you are trying to hide fine scratches. If you ride looks clean after your detail, then go straight to 845. Save yourself an extra step of time.

inDetail
02-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Prima Amigo. Easy to use on any paint. Think about it as cleansing polish with really good filling abilities. It will marry with 845 without any durability issues at all. It will darken your paint color slightly but it's not a deal breaker.