PDA

View Full Version : Bulk products for Detailers

Pages : [1] 2

Maxreed241
02-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Can anyone share their favorite products of any brand (preferably 1 gallon size) and experiences with them such as car soap, wax/sealant, quick detailer, carpet cleaner, APC, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

dcjredline
02-07-2018, 12:32 AM
Meguiars Detailer line. Great products hands down

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Meguiars Detailer line. Great products hands down

I have quite a few products from their detailer line. Wheel Brightener, QID, Xpress spray wax, glass cleaner (not a huge fan of), APC, super degreaser, and last touch. I haven’t tried the soaps. What products have you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 12:47 AM
I have been eyeballing Optimums Power clean, to replace Meg’s APC and Super degreaser. I like the fact that it can replace two separate products. Has anyone ever used power clean?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

mwoywod
02-07-2018, 01:29 AM
I have been eyeballing Optimums Power clean, to replace Meg’s APC and Super degreaser. I like the fact that it can replace two separate products. Has anyone ever used power clean?

Power Clean at 3:1 is better at degreasing, removing nasty tire dressing and tire browning, deep cleaning trim, degreasing engine bays etc than Super Degreaser 4:1. I honestly didn't think the initial higher cost would be worth it until I actually used it and realized all the time OPC saved me especially when cleaning tires where often I would have to scrub the tires 2-3 times to get them to the level of clean that I felt was acceptable with D108. Also, OPC can break down tar and does an impressive job dissolving bug guts which Super Degreaser isn't really isn't very effective at, even at stronger dilutions.

While OPC 7:1 is an exceptional interior cleaner, I personally prefer also having M37 High Intensity APC+ diluted 10:1

D101 and D108 are no longer an option for me. I used them for years and experienced terrible adverse skin and lung side effects using such "hot" chemicals and my biggest fear was the cumulative effect they would have on my body over long-term use.

Right now the chemicals I purchase by the gallon are....

-Optimum Power Clean
-Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+
-Wolfgang Uber
-Mckee's N-914
-D156 Synthetic X-press Wax
-Optimum Car Wax
-Mckee's Fast Interior Detailer
-Meguiar's Hyper Dressing (only for wheel wells and engine bays diluted 4:1) really wish they would go back to selling carpro perl by the gallon!
-Optimum Car Wash (because it cleans the best and is the best smelling soap ever IMO)
-3D Towel Kleen

Route246
02-07-2018, 02:10 AM
I'm not a pro but I buy the following by the gallon:

Optimum Car Wax
Optimum Car Wash
McKee's Fast Wax
Wolfgang Spray Wax
Megs Glass Cleaner
Megs APC

Eldorado2k
02-07-2018, 02:40 AM
glass cleaner (not a huge fan of)

What don’t you like about the Megs glass cleaner?

The soaps are good. I’ve gone through a couple of gallons of Shampoo Plus. Great soap if you don’t mind your soap containing gloss enhancing conditioners. It’s similar to Gold Class soap but IMO a bit better. Best smelling car soap I’ve ever used.

I just started on a gallon of Hyper Wash.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/f3c11bc9677d18023dbc276ba4d96c9e.jpg

Great soap as far as lubricity, suds, clean rinsing ability, and not leaving anything behind + it’s got a great dilution ratio of 1oz. per 5 gallon bucket.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/fa71ba356d509f45a9d55048013e3684.jpg

Finick
02-07-2018, 03:19 AM
Power Clean at 3:1 is better at degreasing, removing nasty tire dressing and tire browning, deep cleaning trim, degreasing engine bays etc than Super Degreaser 4:1. I honestly didn't think the initial higher cost would be worth it until I actually used it and realized all the time OPC saved me especially when cleaning tires where often I would have to scrub the tires 2-3 times to get them to the level of clean that I felt was acceptable with D108. Also, OPC can break down tar and does an impressive job dissolving bug guts which Super Degreaser isn't really isn't very effective at, even at stronger dilutions.

While OPC 7:1 is an exceptional interior cleaner, I personally prefer also having M37 High Intensity APC+ diluted 10:1

D101 and D108 are no longer an option for me. I used them for years and experienced terrible adverse skin and lung side effects using such "hot" chemicals and my biggest fear was the cumulative effect they would have on my body over long-term use.

-Optimum Power Clean
-Wolfgang Uber
-Mckee's N-914
-Optimum Car Wax
-Meguiar's Hyper Dressing (only for wheel wells and engine bays diluted 4:1) really wish they would go back to selling carpro perl by the gallon!
-Optimum Car Wash (because it cleans the best and is the best smelling soap ever IMO)
-3D Towel Kleen

I also plan on trying out OPC once my D101 runs out, glad to hear it's good stuff. I'm also gonna grab a gallon of 3D towel kleen once i run out of free and clear detergent. I always figured dedicated mf detergent would be a little more expensive than just buying laundry detergent, but if I caught a sale that included free shipping, it would end up a lot cheaper to just get the towel kleen. Not to mention you've said it makes a great pad cleaner, which is appealing (right now I just use d101 at 10:1 to clean out my pads.)

I'd like to pick your brain about your list of things you use, if you don't mind

Do you prefer keeping M37 APC+ on hand for interiors that aren't soiled enough for OPC but too soiled for the fast interior detailer? Or some other reason?

Do you have specific tasks for D156 and OCW?

I'm assuming you mean uber rinseless wash. Is there a particular reason you keep both n-914 and uber on hand?

You obviously do this for a living, so what you need out of products is probably a lot more specific than someone like myself. I'm just curious, is all.

GEM65
02-07-2018, 04:12 AM
Meguiars D110 hyper wash
Meguiars Quik interior detailer
Meguiars ultimate Fast Finish
Meguiars D156 xpress spray wax
Sonax brilliant shine detailer
Optimum Power Clean

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 09:21 AM

-Optimum Power Clean
-Wolfgang Uber
-Mckee's N-914
-Optimum Car Wax
-3D Towel Kleen

Very helpful information thanks so much! Like I said I have the super degreaser, it takes me forever to get the browning from tires off usually 2-3 times around the tire. After all, time is money. OPC sounds like a winner in my book.

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 09:26 AM
What don’t you like about the Megs glass cleaner?

The soaps are good. I’ve gone through a couple of gallons of Shampoo Plus. Great soap if you don’t mind your soap containing gloss enhancing conditioners. It’s similar to Gold Class soap but IMO a bit better. Best smelling car soap I’ve ever used.

I just started on a gallon of Hyper Wash.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/f3c11bc9677d18023dbc276ba4d96c9e.jpg

Great soap as far as lubricity, suds, clean rinsing ability, and not leaving anything behind + it’s got a great dilution ratio of 1oz. per 5 gallon bucket.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/fa71ba356d509f45a9d55048013e3684.jpg

The reason I’m not a huge fan of it is the smell is a little overpowering for me I like the scent just too strong. And also I feel like it could stain areas that catch overspray. The reason I feel this way is because the Meguiars Professional bottle turned brownish compared to all of the other Meguiars bottles I have. I did see your review of the hyper wash and nice job with that! I would really like to pick up a gallon. I like the idea of it leaving nothing behind.

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Meguiars D110 hyper wash
Meguiars Quik interior detailer
Meguiars ultimate Fast Finish
Meguiars D156 xpress spray wax
Sonax brilliant shine detailer
Optimum Power Clean

What is your experience with UFF? I have a can of it now and I like how “fast” it is. I bought another can of it yesterday because I got it on sale from another site. I also like the water beading when it is fresh. But I have noticed that where I live, the water beading diminishes really quick.

GEM65
02-07-2018, 10:47 AM
What is your experience with UFF? I have a can of it now and I like how “fast” it is. I bought another can of it yesterday because I got it on sale from another site. I also like the water beading when it is fresh. But I have noticed that where I live, the water beading diminishes really quick.

i've got that same performance for UFF, it doesn't bead or sheet well after a week or two,the dust repellent ability also good for about a week. Sonax PNS & BSD works better for my climate.

For weekly wash i'm using sonax BSD as my drying aid , it's faster to apply compare to meg UFF and sonax PNS.

Maxreed241
02-07-2018, 10:57 AM
i've got that same performance for UFF, it doesn't bead or sheet well after a week or two,the dust repellent ability also good for about a week. Sonax PNS & BSD works better for my climate.

For weekly wash i'm using sonax BSD as my drying aid , it's faster to apply compare to meg UFF and sonax PNS.

Do you use the BSD on top of UFF? Do they work well together?

Eldorado2k
02-07-2018, 12:01 PM
I have the super degreaser, it takes me forever to get the browning from tires off usually 2-3 times around the tire.

Super Degreaser won’t always get the “browning” completely off because it’s a bit too strong of a cleaner for some tires. It’s not that it can’t get it off, but rather the the tire won’t stop blooming as it dries... But just because it’s blooming a little doesn’t mean it isn’t clean and totally ready to accept dressing or even a tire coating.

This tire for example is completely clean post washing & scrubbing with Megs Super Degreaser. It’s bare, clean and ready to soak in your choice of tire product.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/4e6f76be6aa3eeb2a2e57f484d27aef4.jpg