PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Final Touch

Pages : [1] 2

Calendyr
02-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Hey guys,

I just received my first gallon of meg's Final Touch. I am wondering if any of you use this stuff and if so if you have any suggestions on things to do or not do with it.

For the past 5 years I have used Optimum No-Rinse and Wax at detailler strenght but this product doesn't wipe off all that well. I was also using CarPro reload as a final
wipe on many vehicles but that product is really expensive.

So this time around I decided to try a true Quick Detailer, not too sure what to expect, so I would love some comments ;)

FUNX650
02-06-2018, 08:48 PM
I just received my first gallon of
meg's Final Touch.

•Ok; I’m aware of:
-Meguiar’s Final Inspection (M34)
-Meguiar’s Last Touch (D155)

•Aware of Meguiar’s Final Touch?
-Not so much.
-(Is this new for 2018?)

Bob

Calendyr
02-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Your right Bob, just remembered the name wrong. Talking about D155 Last Touch

FUNX650
02-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Talking about D155 Last Touch
-Undiluted = great QD
-Diluted 1:1 = great clay lube.

Bob

Eldorado2k
02-07-2018, 12:12 AM
I’ve used plenty of Megs Last Touch. It’s good stuff.
Straight undiluted = Waterless Wash [spray liberally, not light spritz]
Straight undiluted = Drying aid [light spritz]
Diluted 1:1 Clay Lube = Waste of money [there are much better and economical choices available such as Megs D114@1:128, McKee’s N-914@1:128, ONR, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate, all those and many more are a much better value than using D155 as claylube]

MattPersman
02-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Good solid QD. Good scent to me and works well. Very good value for a true QD

Yes there is better value in WW concentrates made into QD ratio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
02-07-2018, 07:31 AM
•IMO:

-Meguiar’s D155 @:
straight/undiluted = Waterless Wash
[spray liberally, not light spritz] = Could
be considered a big waste of money!

-There are other available choices that
could be considered much better and
more economical, than using D155 as
a waterless wash; such as: Meguiar’s
D114; McKee’s N-914; ONR; Wolfgang
Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate—these,
along with many more similar products.

-Perspectivity often plays a role in
forming hypotheses and concepts.

Bob

Cleankat
02-10-2018, 12:24 AM
I've personally never cared for it, always seems to streak for me or is finicky to use. On a light colored car I suppose it would be acceptable. It is slick I will give it that.

A good budget detail spray I enjoy is chemical guys extreme slick. Never streaks and a gallon can be had for the same price as the final touch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Calendyr
02-10-2018, 02:44 AM
Thanks guys,

Will look into Extreme slick on the next purchase.

VISITOR
02-10-2018, 03:07 AM
i've used a few gallons of megs last touch many years ago and while not bad (wouldn't buy it again), i prefer QD's like fk425 and OID to name a few. with all the rinseless/waterless washes out these days, you can dilute it for several tasks including a QD...

Eldorado2k
02-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Thanks guys,

Will look into Extreme slick on the next purchase.

You should also consider Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate. It’s pretty hard to beat when diluted @quik detailer/waterless wash ratio.

Calendyr
02-10-2018, 04:58 AM
Hum... Looking for a drying aid and final shine enhancer... somehow I don't think a waterless wash will be very helpful with that.

Eldorado2k
02-10-2018, 05:21 AM
Hum... Looking for a drying aid and final shine enhancer... somehow I don't think a waterless wash will be very helpful with that.

I used to use Last Touch for that + it was my go to waterless wash. Worked good. Then I tried WG Uber and it exceeded in gloss factor.

Since then I’ve bought a whole gallon of WG Uber and refilled my LT bottles with Uber and still have the last spray bottle of LT that I haven’t used in months...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/cc473c277457d28a5fa3bd55a8a47e9f.jpg

FYI: I don’t usually go around buying $80 gallons of product... But this was a no brainer. That outta tell you how much I like this stuff.[emoji6]

IME the only other product that gives WG Uber good competition in gloss factor is Carpro Ech20 mixed w/Reload. But while I have Ech20 on my shelf, I rarely use it because unlike WG Uber, it dramatically affects current lsp and I don’t care for any of that... WG Uber on the other hand doesn’t interfere with lsp but still provides a little extra pop, and that makes it perfect for me.

fightnews
02-10-2018, 06:19 AM
•IMO:

-Meguiar’s D155 @:
straight/undiluted = Waterless Wash
[spray liberally, not light spritz] = Could
be considered a big waste of money!

-There are other available choices that
could be considered much better and
more economical, than using D155 as
a waterless wash; such as: Meguiar’s
D114; McKee’s N-914; ONR; Wolfgang
Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate—these,
along with many more similar products.

-Perspectivity often plays a role in
forming hypotheses and concepts.

Bob

Yes but not everyone is a cheapskate bob

fightnews
02-10-2018, 06:20 AM
I find last finial touch to be streaky you have to spray it on to a towel first. Never tried it as a waterless wash