PDA

View Full Version : Soap for foam cannon for ceramic coated cars (CQuartz)

Pages : [1] 2

parshisa
02-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Finally got my both cars ceramic coated using CQUK and CQ TiO2. I've got me a pressure washer/foam cannon setup and wonder now what soap to use for some foaming action. I've got roughly half of a gallon left of CG Mr. Pink and not sure if that will be ok to use it. I mean, soap is soap but I'm not sure if this particular soap has wax/gloss intensifiers that can potentially hinder/affect coating properties. What do you pros recommend to use? I do have reset although it doesn't foam that thick (at least in my cannon) plus it's a bit pricey and I'd like to use the left overs that I have

DBAILEY
02-06-2018, 08:39 AM
Can't go wrong with Megs HyperWash. It is coating safe and rinses clean.

Trip
02-06-2018, 09:39 AM
I have both my cars coated in Polish Angel Viking coat. I have been using CG Honeydew, Polish Angel Glissante, and for dusty days Car Pro Echo 2 WW. Haven’t had any issues at all with any

rlmccarty2000
02-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Reset is the go to soap for coated vehicles. Reset leaves nothing behind.

atgonzales
02-06-2018, 03:25 PM
You could try this

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-sio2-auto-wash.html)

johnpingol
02-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Car pro Reset designed for coatings, works well in a foam cannon or foam gun.

KirkH
02-06-2018, 04:41 PM
McKee's clogged my foamer screen when I did not run a rinse bottle through it. Soaking overnight in CLR cleared it.

Klasse Act
02-06-2018, 05:15 PM
I would go with Gyeon Bathe or Bathe Essence to start. Essence is the more concentrated version and most videos I've watched seem to like it very much, especially from a cost stand point and it does finish clean, nothing in there but soap:xyxthumbs:

WillSports3
02-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Not sure if you really need a foam cannon. With both vehicles coated, I think a good rinse and just the regular wash medium will do wonders. Reset is more expensive but it does an excellent job of cleaning, probably one of the strongest non-APC soaps out there.

SWETM
02-06-2018, 05:33 PM
I would get a prewash foam like gtechnic w4 citrus foam or gyeon foam. Foam and clean rinse from the bottom up and then your normal washing procedure. In the summer months a Ech2o diluted in QD if wanted to a little reload in it after foaming and clean rinsed. As a car soap I like reset but gyeon bathe essence or bathe would be fine.

jkrig
02-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Add Optimum Car Wash to the list.

BudgetPlan1
02-06-2018, 10:09 PM
I would get a prewash foam like gtechnic w4 citrus foam or gyeon foam. Foam and clean rinse from the bottom up and then your normal washing procedure. In the summer months a Ech2o diluted in QD if wanted to a little reload in it after foaming and clean rinsed. As a car soap I like reset but gyeon bathe essence or bathe would be fine.Explain to me the 'bottom up rinse' theory (again). While I do it with Foam, I can never remember why.

Thanks...

Audios S6
02-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Explain to me the 'bottom up rinse' theory (again). While I do it with Foam, I can never remember why.

Thanks...

Bottom-up means you can easily see where your last pass was, ensuring that the stream of water is contacting the entire surface. If you rinse top-down, runoff from above can carry away suds below making it difficult to tell if you have actually rinsed an area with a hard stream of water.

On the flip side, this method means that dirty runoff from above if running onto the already rinsed portions below and sediment can redeposit there. Essentially, you need to rinse bottom to top to bottom.

parshisa
02-07-2018, 02:35 AM
Thanks for all your replies guys. Although, let me re-phrase my original question: can I still safely use cg pink soap (advertised as PH neutral) in cannon for pre-wash and then go around with reset? I understand it won't "wash off" the coating but I'm not sure if pink contains gloss enhancers/wax etc t hat can potentially affect the coating properties. again, appreciate y'alls input

SWETM
02-07-2018, 03:23 AM

It's easier to see where you have used the water pressure to clean with when starting from the bottom. And you use the chemicals in the prewash foam with the water pressure from the PW to be as effective as possible. Sure you have to rinse from when you reach the top and rinse down again. But that does not är so much of extra time and I think that the upside to start from bottom is worth it.

The first picture is the foam applyied on dry car direct. And dwelled and clean rinsed off.
The second picture is rinsed before applying the prewash foam and dwelled and clean rinsed.