PDA

View Full Version : Carpet stain removal help

Pages : [1] 2

lo99tahoe
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I have neglected my interior. Mainly because I work in the auto body field. I have a clean outside. I have no knowledge on cleaning carpets. I do not have an extractor. What I do have is a LGM by bissel, woolite, folex and a craftsmen wet/dry vac. I have been researching on how to go about cleaning my carpet. I just want to post up some photos to let you guys/gals debate if folex or woolite will take these stains out.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/eliteautowerkz/Carpet/P1000032.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/eliteautowerkz/Carpet/P1000034.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/eliteautowerkz/Carpet/P1000033.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/eliteautowerkz/Carpet/P1000035.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/eliteautowerkz/Carpet/P1000036.jpg

budman3
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Folex should do a very good job with those, especially with the LGCM. Spray the Folex on, let it sit a little, scrub, extract. For the dark spots, don't de afraid to 'soak' that area a little.

The Woolite will also work but it does sud up a lot, which really isn't great for the LGCM. It could leave a soapy residue if it isn't fully extracted as well. I like a Woolite mix of about 10-15 : 1 for general all around cleaning. For carpets you could use it 6:1.

bill walsh
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
a vapor steamer would also work great with some apc cleaner too

lo99tahoe
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
a vapor steamer would also work great with some apc cleaner too

what type of vapor steamer? also, what brush would I need?

TOGWT
01-29-2008, 03:45 AM
I've always found Woolite to be too mild and foams far too much for carpet cleaning

Carpets- 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene (citrus) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent

sparkie
01-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Folex has always work for me, I take it it didn't do anything for yours....Maybe Megs or DG APC 10:1 or even 5:1 could do the job....Keep us up dated....

lo99tahoe
01-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Folex has always work for me, I take it it didn't do anything for yours....Maybe Megs or DG APC 10:1 or even 5:1 could do the job....Keep us up dated....

I posted these photos to see if Folex would take them out. I have never cleaned an interior before. Vaccumed maybe. ;)

richy
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
What I do with fairly decent results I think is initially use Folex and work the area well. I dab it dry with cotton towels (white if you've got 'em). For the mats, same as above but then I power wash, use a MP cleaner (or leftover car wash soap), power wash well again and vacuum as dry as you can. You will need time for them to dry however, but that way you can add the groovy stripes and make it look unique (as well as very clean).

PTRon
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Folex is your friend! Just spray, let it sit a minute, agitate with a scrub brush (or a Cyclo brush on your PC or UDM), wipe with a white terry towel, vacuum. No more stains.

FASN8N
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I have used the Dow Bathroom Cleaner with Scrubbing bubbles on carpet for years.

Spray the carpet with the scrubbing bubbles and let it soak in for a minute. Then take a soft bristle brush and scrub the stains out.

Works every time :)

bill walsh
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
lo99 thoe like a tr6 steamer it is a low vapor steamer that comes with some brushes too do google search for some listings

Newbeme
01-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I just bought a bottle of Folex after hearing the reviews on here. All I can say it this stuff is the best carpet cleaner short of the commercial products I used while working at a carpet cleaning company. I haven't used it on the vehicles yet, but around the house it has worked great.

_M_
01-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Folex should do a very good job with those, especially with the LGCM. Spray the Folex on, let it sit a little, scrub, extract. For the dark spots, don't de afraid to 'soak' that area a little.

The Woolite will also work but it does sud up a lot, which really isn't great for the LGCM. It could leave a soapy residue if it isn't fully extracted as well. I like a Woolite mix of about 10-15 : 1 for general all around cleaning. For carpets you could use it 6:1.

I've always found Woolite to be too mild and foams far too much for carpet cleaning

Carpets- 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene (citrus) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent

if you want a woolite mix that doesnt get soapy or foam up use the woolite for HE washers...awesome cleaning and no suds

Jimmie
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Folex is your friend! Just spray, let it sit a minute, agitate with a scrub brush (or a Cyclo brush on your PC or UDM), wipe with a white terry towel, vacuum. No more stains.

:iagree: but rather than terry towels I use MF so I don't have to worry about lint.

Folex on heavy spots and stains; then Woolite 8:1 over the whole carpet.

If you don't have a pressure washer take your mats to a coin op car wash if they are heavily soiled. On the greasy/oily foot stains (like the stain in one pic) work up from the least to most aggressive. Folex if that doesn't do it use an APC if that doesn't do it use a degreaser (check colorfast first); then blast it with pressure washer. If they don't come clean do it again. There have been a few that I couldn't get 100% but got very close.

The above was mats. For your interior carpet I'd caution against getting too wet through to the matting. This time of year it takes so long to dry you risk mold or mildew under the carpet. I say that b/c it's easy to do with the LGM so I use spray bottles for everything (even some extra H2O) and then suck it up with the LGM. That give me more control over what I'm putting down. When you finish keep your doors or windows open for awhile.

budman3
01-29-2008, 08:59 PM
if you want a woolite mix that doesnt get soapy or foam up use the woolite for HE washers...awesome cleaning and no suds

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!