PDA

View Full Version : Anyone combine ONR with another wash?

YankeeFan
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I did this yesteday just to see if there was any difference. I put 1 1/2 capfuls of Optimum Wash with a capful of ONR. Thinking ONR is suppose to be very slick, so theortically it should help to reduce swirls. Seemed slicker but less sudsy. Anyway, does anyone do this on a regular basis?

Howard

KG21
01-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I have heard of others mixing a little ONR with their regular wash shampoo. Seems it helps to minimize water spotting. I plan on trying some mixed with DP Xtreme Foam in the foam gun if it ever warms up around here.

Jimmie
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I have heard of others mixing a little ONR with their regular wash shampoo. Seems it helps to minimize water spotting. I plan on trying some mixed with DP Xtreme Foam in the foam gun if it ever warms up around here.

:iagree: and did it all last summer. A capfull in each washbucket to act like a H2O softener.

Cheetah
01-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi. I use a capful or 2 in every wash with my regular soap to stop water spots. Had a problem with that last year and I read here that it would help and it did. Never had the waterspot problem again. I've been using it ever since.

richy
01-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I've only done one water wash since I got ONR in the late fall, but I did add a capful to the mixture and it seemed to be more slick, which makes sense to me.

Bert31
01-29-2008, 10:43 AM

While ONR would help the lubricity of the wash, I would guess ONR would mute the suds from your foam gun. If anything, I would be tempted to put ONR in a spray bottle and mist the spray all over your car, then hit it with the foam gun.

YankeeFan
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
:iagree: and did it all last summer. A capfull in each washbucket to act like a H2O softener.

Both buckets.....never thought of that.........will try next time......thanks.

Jimmie
01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Both buckets.....never thought of that.........will try next time......thanks.

No, that was sort of misleading, huh. I just put a capful in the wash bucket not the rinse bucket.