PDA

View Full Version : understanding terms and conditions on a menu of service

webringtheshine
02-03-2018, 08:23 PM
could some one please explain what the term "wipe down" means on a detailing menu of service? what dose a interior wipe down and wipe down door jambs really consist of?

sudsmobile
02-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Typically it consists of wiping down the plastic on an interior, for example, either with a damp towel or maybe with a light cleaner. It doesn't mean that the black scuff marks on the door jamb plastics will be cleaned or that every tiny grain of sand will be removed from a jamb emblem. It really depends on who's doing the wipe down. I would expect it to look pretty good, but not perfect.

Calendyr
02-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Ya, a wipedown is a very quick cleaning using a towel. As opposed to a detailed cleaning that usually includes a brush, plenty of liquid cleaner and a repeat of the process until the area is completelly cleaned (as in Detailed).

webringtheshine
02-04-2018, 04:13 AM
So you basically mean a spray and wipe of the area serviced and not any intense or thorough type of cleaning is considered a wipe down.I assume that the area that has been wiped down doesn't get any dressing applied afterward...right?

sudsmobile
02-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Unless discussed beforehand, I wouldn't be applying any dressing to an area I just wiped down.

sudsmobile
02-04-2018, 11:11 AM
I mean it's really all about what service you want to provide and how you define it. I doubt any two of us are doing exactly the same level of work for our similar packages and pricing.

Calendyr
02-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Ya for me, a wipedown is something super quick to remove most of the dirt. Consider this a car wash service level. So no, when I offer a wipedown, there are no dressing afterwards. But that is just me.

Wipe down level service should take you less than 1 hour to do the whole interior. So about 20 mins for vaccuum, 20 mins for windows and 20 mins to clean all the surfaces.... If you want to add dressing, there is no law against it ;)