PDA

View Full Version : Britemax remax SIO2 Spray sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
01-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/britemax-remax-spray-sealant.html)

Another take on the current SIO2 sealants. This one looks to be very easy!

SWETM
01-30-2018, 02:53 PM
The price for the 128oz is very good if this sealant is a hit. For the pro detailers and weekend warriors that go thrue alot of sealants.

Klasse Act
01-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Interesting they didn't go the "spray on, hose off" route like all the others, hmmmmm

Ochnob
01-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Interesting they didn't go the "spray on, hose off" route like all the others, hmmmmm
Anything to add from your new trial?

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

JHL88
01-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Has anyone used any their products? I tried the Puremax Shampoo and thought it was ok. I might buy some more because its supposed to be "safe" to use.

Klasse Act
01-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Anything to add from your new trial?

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)I'll PM you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
01-31-2018, 03:47 AM
Has anyone used any their products?

I’ve tried a few Britemax products.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/58cdab6748b2e76287b55adea03f8926.jpg

The Vantage Wax smells really good and might be fine for a garage queen, but in the real world of daily drivers [for example mine] it didn’t make it to the 4th week before the paint was rough with embedded contaminants. What do you expect from Carnauba wax though... Not the easiest wax to wipe off.

BriteMax Interior Dressing is outstanding. Highly recommend.

BriteMax Puremax Shampoo. Nothing noteworthy.

BriteMax Final Shine Metal Polish & Sealant. Arguably the best metal polish I’ve ever used. The only minor thing is it’s watery consistency, but once you get over that it’s pretty amazing stuff + it’s built in sealant is no slouch.

BriteMax LeatherMax. Pretty good stuff. Smells like leather, non greasy even immediately after applying while providing just enough of a sheen to let you know you’ve applied something. It does good.

BriteMax MaxShine High Gloss Liquid Polymer Montan Wax. Decent cleaning ability even though it’s not labeled as such. Limited longevity on daily drivers. Better results on garage kept rides.

BriteMax Grimeout. That deserves its own thread... More on that product later.

fightnews
01-31-2018, 05:45 AM
I like the puremax shampoo

JCDetails
01-31-2018, 08:08 AM
6 months seems a bit on the strong side.

A lot of companies going this way, carbon collective has speciale etc essentially adding sio2 to qd to add hydrophobicity and some longevity as a sacrificial layer. Good benefits for standard poly sealants though I wouldn’t think it’d work so great over wax.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

WRAPT C5Z06
01-31-2018, 12:00 PM
One product I bought and never looked back. Outstanding product!!

Britemax polishes suck(other than black max), but everything else I've tried, I've liked.

pickles
01-31-2018, 12:22 PM
Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/britemax-remax-spray-sealant.html)

Another take on the current SIO2 sealants. This one looks to be very easy!

Looks to be similar to Reload

SWETM
01-31-2018, 03:36 PM
One product I bought and never looked back. Outstanding product!!

Britemax polishes suck(other than black max), but everything else I've tried, I've liked.

I saw a Youtube review of black max and he got really good results on a pretty swirled up panel. When reading the description on the britemax site it says to leave a polymer base with non protection. It's like a cleaner for wax application.

What is your experience with it? It seems to be a really good finish polish and prep for waxes. Is that your impression of it also?

fightnews
01-31-2018, 03:49 PM
6 months seems a bit on the strong side.

A lot of companies going this way, carbon collective has speciale etc essentially adding sio2 to qd to add hydrophobicity and some longevity as a sacrificial layer. Good benefits for standard poly sealants though I wouldn’t think it’d work so great over wax.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
A "sealant" is a wax it's just synthetic that's all. Thats the only diffrence

JHL88
01-31-2018, 04:03 PM
I’ve tried a few Britemax products.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/58cdab6748b2e76287b55adea03f8926.jpg

The Vantage Wax smells really good and might be fine for a garage queen, but in the real world of daily drivers [for example mine] it didn’t make it to the 4th week before the paint was rough with embedded contaminants. What do you expect from Carnauba wax though... Not the easiest wax to wipe off.

BriteMax Interior Dressing is outstanding. Highly recommend.

BriteMax Puremax Shampoo. Nothing noteworthy.

BriteMax Final Shine Metal Polish & Sealant. Arguably the best metal polish I’ve ever used. The only minor thing is it’s watery consistency, but once you get over that it’s pretty amazing stuff + it’s built in sealant is no slouch.

BriteMax LeatherMax. Pretty good stuff. Smells like leather, non greasy even immediately after applying while providing just enough of a sheen to let you know you’ve applied something. It does good.

BriteMax MaxShine High Gloss Liquid Polymer Montan Wax. Decent cleaning ability even though it’s not labeled as such. Limited longevity on daily drivers. Better results on garage kept rides.

Thanks for the response! I may be in the market for a new metal polish in the near future may have to try Britemax based on what you said.

JCDetails
01-31-2018, 04:04 PM
A "sealant" is a wax it's just synthetic that's all. Thats the only diffrence

Not really, a wax is a wax and a sealant is a sealant. I know they get used interchangeably, but they really shouldn't. Typically those sealants prefer to bond to clean paint or other synthetic polymers and tend to not bond so well to natural carnauba wax.