PDA

View Full Version : Costco for supplies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

asp125
01-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Didn't find any recent threads on this, but I noticed Costco now carries chemical guys and Adam's products on their website. Haven't compared prices but here you go.

RZJZA80
01-29-2018, 09:05 PM
Nice find, I had no idea Costco carried any of that stuff. I'm assuming it's only online but either way it seems to be cheaper from the quick comparison I made.

rangerbay
01-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Autogeek match prices. Support the people who provide this forum. Besides, the 3D pink soap was higher at Costco!

Belair
01-29-2018, 09:58 PM
The only thing I've ever seen at my local store are packs of 15 cotton or microfiber towels. The cotton ones are a joke, about as big as a washcloth and really stiff; never tried the MF.

Mantilgh
01-29-2018, 10:06 PM
The Kirkland’s are great general purpose towels.

Calendyr
01-29-2018, 11:13 PM
I am not a fan of the Kirkland brand microfiber towels. I have used the yellow ones about 2 years ago and found them to be pretty rough compared to what I usually use. They would be ok for interior work only in my book. If you want unexpensive microfiber towels, the Tune it! brand at Wal-mart is really good. Here in Canada, they sell for 24$ for a pack of 16. They are pretty plush with average lenght nap on one side (compared to very short nap on the Kirkland brand). They are also very durable. Some of mine are 5 years old and still going strong.

Last time I went to Costco I did not find anything interesting for detailing, maybe it's different in the USA but here I would be lucky if they had Gold Class car soap.

FUNX650
01-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Didn't find any recent threads on this,
but I noticed Costco now carries chemical
guys and Adam's products on their website.

tps://m.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=
Wash+wax&pageSize=24[/url].

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/6D1D2A40-16BA-4446-B3D8-F35E59108A2E.png

Infomania > Opioids

Bob

Route246
01-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Other than Kirkland MF there isn't much in terms of products at our NorCal Costco stores that can't be gotten from AGO or other online sources.

Cleankat
02-04-2018, 10:45 PM
I buy the yellow towels but use them for odd jobs they never touch my paint. Other than that I've seen a gallon of gold class soap at my local store and that's about it. I did see some stuff on their website but the prices weren't any better than buying on Amazon so I passed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Calendyr
02-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Ya and I went to Wal-Mart today to get more microfiber towels and did not find any of the Tune it! ones ;( They now carry some very poor quality ones that look as thin as a piece of paper and no nap on either sides, so I passed ;( I did get 2 more drying microfiber towels there, 5$ each, they look decent and plush. Might by some more if I like them.

Very hard to get good towels at a decent price in Canada. I keep reading about the Rag Company but when I checked their online store last year I was not impressed. Very expensive, I think the cheapest they had was like 2$ per towel and went up very quickly from there.

The towels I ordered from Autogeek last year were very poor. Super thin and no nap either. So while I order pretty much everything from Autogeek, for microfiber towels, I am not gonna order again. There must be a place were you can order something decent at a reasonable price, but I have not found it yet.

Finick
02-05-2018, 03:59 AM
I pretty much only use the Costco towels. They’re just the perfect weight towel imo. Those super plush ones just flop all over the place and really annoy me.

I’ve tried other towels including some CG 16x24 pieces of crap, my step brother gave me some of their green “70/30” towels, meguiars supreme shine, and recently i bought a pack of creature edgeless towels hoping to experience something spectacular since I’ve never used what would be considered a great towel.. was severely disappointed.

It’s cool Costco has that stuff online though [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEM65
02-05-2018, 04:11 AM
After tried many 'new' types of microfiber, i always go back to lower nap towels eg. meguiars supreme shine or ultimate wipes.
The plush fluffy towels works well for rinseless & waterless wash.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Route246
02-05-2018, 01:51 PM
I pretty much only use the Costco towels. They’re just the perfect weight towel imo. Those super plush ones just flop all over the place and really annoy me.

I’ve tried other towels including some CG 16x24 pieces of crap, my step brother gave me some of their green “70/30” towels, meguiars supreme shine, and recently i bought a pack of creature edgeless towels hoping to experience something spectacular since I’ve never used what would be considered a great towel.. was severely disappointed.

It’s cool Costco has that stuff online though [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get ready for the dissenting viewpoints on this. I’m in the same boat with you. Much of the dissent comes fanboys who have never touched one of the new gold towels. They are lint feee and as you stated, a very optimal size and weight.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
02-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Can someone post the link to the Costco Car Detailing Discussion Forum?

:laughing:

fightnews
02-05-2018, 04:29 PM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/6D1D2A40-16BA-4446-B3D8-F35E59108A2E.png

Infomania > Opioids

Bob

Ive been getting that page a lot what is going on? I hope it's not dangerous I just placed a big order.