PDA

View Full Version : Look at this seeet ride

Pages : [1] 2

Sharply Dressed
01-29-2018, 10:00 AM
While getting my headlight replaced at a local shop, I looked into the shop bays. Check out this ‘71 Chevy.

ChrisT
01-29-2018, 01:20 PM
That is seeet!

Sharply Dressed
01-29-2018, 07:38 PM
lol. Meant sweet but sent it in a rush

Kamakaz1961
01-29-2018, 07:42 PM
Way cool!

Sizzle Chest
01-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Looks good! Seems like it will have enough power that's for sure!

Setec Astronomy
01-29-2018, 08:50 PM
I have a question.

LEDetailing
01-29-2018, 09:34 PM
I have a question.

Me too!

Why do people put 22 and 24 inch wheels on Classic cars. They don’t look good on modern car and certainly don’t look good on classics. Aside from the wheels I like the car:)

luckydawg
01-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Me too!

Why do people put 22 and 24 inch wheels on Classic cars. They don’t look good on modern car and certainly don’t look good on classics. Aside from the wheels I like the car:)

+1

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2018, 07:50 AM
Me too!

That wasn't my question...I was wondering why there are louvers in the trunk lid, whether they are real, whether rain gets in the trunk, or if they are there so when you lock someone in the trunk, they can breathe. I guess that's four questions.

Desertnate
01-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Good questions. I was more interested in whether that is a real 4-barrel carb on the top of the engine and what happened to the air cleaner.

I see a few donk's around my area. Some of them have a high level workmanship and are really unique. I wouldn't drive one, but I appreciate the creativity and workmanship that went into modifying the vehicle.

Ace22
01-30-2018, 08:24 AM
Holy Pimp My Ride Batman!

Setec Astronomy
01-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Good questions. I was more interested in whether that is a real 4-barrel carb on the top of the engine and what happened to the air cleaner.

That looks like some sort of aftermarket throttle-body injection since it says "FI Tech" on it. They are obviously working on the engine since they have the hood off, so I'm pretty sure it will wind up with an air cleaner on it...there seems to be an empty grommet in the valve cover and it looks like no upper radiator hose yet, so I don't think they are done yet.

Calendyr
01-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Not a fan of that model at all, but it looks amazing nonetheless. My major issue with huge wheels is not the look, it's the ridiculous price of tires ;)

Desertnate
01-30-2018, 05:12 PM
Not a fan of that model at all, but it looks amazing nonetheless. My major issue with huge wheels is not the look, it's the ridiculous price of tires ;)

Probably has the ride quality of a conestoga wagon too since there isn't much rubber to absorb any impacts. Potholes would scare me to death. One good blow and you'd find yourself with a blown tire and a bent wheel.

Klasse Act
01-30-2018, 05:19 PM
That wasn't my question...I was wondering why there are louvers in the trunk lid, whether they are real, whether rain gets in the trunk, or if they are there so when you lock someone in the trunk, they can breathe. I guess that's four questions.

Those are factory vents in the trunk, yes, this is true!

I love the wheels...just not on that car but would look great on an Escalade though. I wouldn't want alot of power with rims that big, just seems too dangerous!