PDA

View Full Version : Towels for compound/polish removal

Pages : [1] 2

Maxreed241
01-26-2018, 09:22 AM
What are the best towels for compound/polish removal without installing scratches on a freshly corrected surface?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TMQ
01-26-2018, 09:25 AM
I like to add to this---Best "lint free" towels for compounds, polishes and spray waxes!

Tom

C5Longhorn
01-26-2018, 11:57 AM
I have the best luck with thinner nap towels. I'm currently using a brand from Idaho that isn't sold here, but there are plenty on AG's site that are perfect for wax/polish removal. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can chime in with specific models.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dlc95
01-26-2018, 01:29 PM
I also prefer the thinner/medium nap towels. Something like the Meguiar's Supreme Shine, which is a good universal towel.

MikeC78
01-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Yep, the thinner medium nap towels seem to be ideal. I use the white ones sold here on AG and get them for a great deal. I like the white ones, so I can visually see dirt or debris imbedded in the towel, so Im not inflicting more damage during wipe off. The washer doesn’t always get everything out of the nap and this insures inspection prior to wipe.

parshisa
01-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Eagle Eadgeless by Rag Company. They are the best I've by far. Super soft and 0 lint.

ducksfan
01-27-2018, 05:12 PM
I have the best luck with thinner nap towels. I'm currently using a brand from Idaho that isn't sold here, but there are plenty on AG's site that are perfect for wax/polish removal. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can chime in with specific models.

So few things in life amaze me. But I think the fact that someone in Idaho decided to manufacturer microfiber towels there is one. Or, was it a person who outside of Idaho just thought, " Now this would be a great place to make microfibers."

luckydawg
01-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Eagle Eadgeless by Rag Company. They are the best I've by far. Super soft and 0 lint.

+1

LEDetailing
01-27-2018, 06:36 PM
So few things in life amaze me. But I think the fact that someone in Idaho decided to manufacturer microfiber towels there is one. Or, was it a person who outside of Idaho just thought, " Now this would be a great place to make microfibers."

I doubt the company in Idaho is manufacturing any of the MF towels. Sourcing them from Chinese and South Korean manufacturers and redistributing them is probably more likely.

luckydawg
01-27-2018, 06:43 PM
These are pretty close to the EE but way cheaper- I have both

https://www.autogeek.net/quick-detail-towel.html

WillSports3
01-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Rag Company sources their towels from Chinese factories using Korean textiles to get the cheapest Labour and best price for them and to produce a nice reasonable towel.

For removing polish residue you want something that has short nap but around 350 gsm. That's so you can use one towel face per panel without having to bring in a new towel to wipe off the panels.

C5Longhorn
01-27-2018, 07:35 PM
They actually do both. Some are from SK and some from China as you mentioned. I imagine this is not unique to any distributor.

dudley07726
01-27-2018, 08:20 PM
I like the Costco Kirkland yellow microfiber towels for taking Zaino Z2 off or applying/removing Optimum Spray Wax or Wolfgang High Gloss detail spray. I actually like them better than these: Wolfgang Concours-Series Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches

WRAPT C5Z06
01-29-2018, 12:00 AM
AG sells crappy MF towels. No doubt about it. Hey, I tell it like it is. TRC sells MUCH better quality towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducksfan
01-29-2018, 01:39 AM
I doubt the company in Idaho is manufacturing any of the MF towels. Sourcing them from Chinese and South Korean manufacturers and redistributing them is probably more likely.

Are you trying to pop my red, white and blue Idaho balloon? Not cool bud.