PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Flex Polishers Available For Preorder Per Autogeek Website

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan K
01-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Looks as though the cordless XFE15 150 ($549.99) and PE-150 ($579.99) can be preordered now with expected arrival date of April. Neither product page lists how many batteries will be included with the polisher, only that each comes with a 5 amp battery and a 2.5 amp battery is available for purchase separately. I recall Mike Phillips previously stating that he understood each kit would include two 5 amp batteries and would be priced around $500.00. It would seem fair to me to anticipate any additional batteries purchased separately from the polisher will cost upwards of $100.

How many of you will be planning to purchase one of these units at those prices if 2 batteries are included? How about if only 1 battery is included?

I am intrigued by the XFE15 but being that I am mainly a hobbyist I will not be purchasing one at that price regardless of the number of included batteries.

Aaryn NZ
01-25-2018, 06:19 PM
I’m in. Well at least I will be if these work down here. :buffing:

I can’t confirm whether or not that they come with two batteries but honestly I can’t see them coming out with just one - it would defeat the purpose I guess.

For me, I would add the PE & 3401 first but doubt I wouldn’t eventually buy the XFE too. Exciting times!

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Brandon Wetch
01-25-2018, 11:23 PM
If it has 2 batteries.... I’m IN!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brandon Wetch
01-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Can you imagine how much easier it is to bring and show off paint correction? I wonder how many jobs I’d be able to sell if I brought one of these to every job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wing commander
01-25-2018, 11:29 PM
I have both of the corded versions and the announcement fell flat for me. I was surprised because I love to buy and use tools . What I think is wrong is the announcement does not show a charger,extra battery,carry case,and extra stuff. Maybe when the full kit is shown I will get on the bandwagon. On SUV and RV roofs it will come in handy.

RZJZA80
01-26-2018, 02:02 AM
I don't see the point of a battery powered polisher unless it's an iBrid for it's size and reach capabilities.

theamcguy
01-26-2018, 08:21 AM
Maybe Auto Geek will update the page at the store with the kit information.

SWETM
01-27-2018, 06:38 AM
Wow they are expensive as I thought they would be! In Sweden you can also preorder them now. In the description they say that the polisher and charger and 2× 5amp batteries is what comes with it. To the price for one is 1270$! Both has the same price. This makes them double the against the corded ones. So for me as hobby detailer this polishers is not worth it just for the cordless. And a thing I noticed in the descriptions was the weight of them with the 5amp battery on. It's a very heavy polisher and I would think twice about it if useing to polish a whole car with them. The xfe 15 weight is almost 17lbs with the battery on that is alot even if it's well balanced to hold up to the verticals of the car. The rotary pe 150 is at 16,3lbs it sounds very heavy for a polisher it's about tripple the weight of the corded ones. As a bonus you get a free education day with Renny Doyle and signed by him. It's a long way to the place it is at and it's only the education that is free. Everything around it with hotell and food and travel cost is almost like a polisher in price lol.

So take a thought of if you can handle the weight of them. I would consider them if they were in a closer price range as the corded ones. But double the price no way for me even if it's an awesome polisher.

Eldorado2k
01-27-2018, 07:38 AM
Wow they are expensive as I thought they would be!

To the price for one is 1270$! Both has the same price. This makes them double the against the corded ones. So for me as hobby detailer this polishers is not worth it just for the cordless. And a thing I noticed in the descriptions was the weight of them with the 5amp battery on. It's a very heavy polisher and I would think twice about it if useing to polish a whole car with them. The xfe 15 weight is almost 17lbs with the battery on that is alot even if it's well balanced to hold up to the verticals of the car.

So take a thought of if you can handle the weight of them. I would consider them if they were in a closer price range as the corded ones. But double the price no way for me even if it's an awesome polisher.

So expect a major increase in the weight of the polisher... Along with a major Decrease in the weight of your wallet.
Got it.[emoji23]lol.

theamcguy
01-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Mike can you please weigh the XFE15 150 and PE-150; the weights above (16 & 17 lbs) seem awful heavy to me. Thank you

SWETM
01-27-2018, 08:08 AM
LOL You got it LOL

That weight difference must be noticeble in the longrun! It has got marketed well so far. But when it's coming out to detailers I think that they will be chocked over it. And wondering about how it is to manage the weight of the battery when polishing. Sure it's nice to get the cord away but to what price? Alot heavier and expensive.

Edit: I converted the weight from kilogram kg and on were I was reading the specs they says 7.7kg for xfe15 and 7.4kg for pe14. For the corded xfe7-15 the weight is 2.3kg about 5lbs!
Would be very intresting to know if the weight is up to 17lbs with the 5amp battery on.

Ronin47
01-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Remember the first cellphones that came out, they were bricks,awkward and heavy, its the price to pay for technology in its infancy. Newer models will have batteries that last longer and be much lighter. Its a trade off
for jumping on the bandwagon early, let the R&D pay itself off and wait for them to perfect it.

SWETM
01-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Wonder if it's only the battery that does it heavy. I think since they are useing a induction electric motor in the new cordless polishers. There is no brushes in them. Hope I get the translate right.

Of course it's a new technology for polishers but cordless tools have been out quite a while. The development is to get that high of power a polisher needs to have to spinn the pads and polish. Maybe the manufactures has to develop a different kind of polish and pads to be able to use less powerfull polisher.

But what to say before I have tested the new Flexs out. Maybe they have a perfect balance of the weight that does them as user friendly as the corded ones. For a mobile detailer I can see benefits to polish cordless. But for a shop detailer which do alot of paint correction and apply alot of ceramic coatings that need polishing prep. I think that the added weight of the cordless is something to really think about in terms of what it does to your body. If I have read the right specs and it's not a miss spelling of some kind. Almost the tripple the weight between corded and cordless is a really bit difference.

For the hobby detailer that take care of a couple of cars. It's the price for it that is a downside. But if you go with the AGO prices it's not that of a difference that I have in Scandinavia. If it comes with 2 5amp batteries in the kit on AGO. Be cause if you where to buy a second 5amp battery you would ad at least 80-100$ to the total costs. Then you are up there in the double of the price to the corded. Maybe for some it would be worth it. But is it a replacement of technology for polishers?

As you say it's a new tool and we will see what the people think about them after a while. I just thinking out loud and it's fun to see new technology and tools. And I would'nt mind to have one of those cordless in my arsenal if I could afford it.

JHL88
01-27-2018, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't mind the extra weight as long as its balanced nicely. If it had a very noticeable weight shift in the back where the battery is that would be really annoying IMO.

theamcguy
02-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Meghan sent me the following info on the weight of the Flex cordless polishers, hope this helps

• XFE 15 150 18.0-EC unit weight= 4.62 lbs. without battery
• PE 150 18.0-EC unit weight= 4.2 lbs. without battery
• 5.0 battery weight=1.2 lbs.

Looks like around 5-6 lbs w/battery. Not bad.