PDA

View Full Version : ONR one bucket or two

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

tonloc08
01-23-2018, 07:26 PM
I’ve been using ONR using the two bucket method, but recently listened to the optimum podcast where they mentioned that you don’t need to use two buckets for ONR. That makes me a bit nervous but the guy is a professional detailer and was on with Dr G so I assume they know what they’re talking about. Are you guys using ONR with one bucket and getting good results? No swirls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChrisT
01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
I always did until I watched this video (6:15 mark) featuring Yvan Lacroix, global training director for Optimum. Now I use one bucket with a grit guard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=57s&v=Akh4CUe24q8

joleyred
01-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Mike Phillips has a video on rinseless washes and I started following that method. You put several towels in your solution, let them get thoroughly wet. Using one at a time, and folding 4 ways as he always shows, constantly turning to another side. When one towel is completely used on all sides, grab a clean one. You never put a dirty towel back in your solution and it stays clean. I have a lid for my bucket and mix up 3 gallons at a time and can wash several cars with it and you waste nothing. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

01GreyStangGT
01-23-2018, 08:06 PM
I usually do one bucket with ONR with a grit guard and have not had swirls.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

ScottH
01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
I use 2 buckets and a grit guard. Can never be too safe.

ScottH

Setec Astronomy
01-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Yes.

Bruno Soares
01-23-2018, 09:28 PM
I use 2 buckets and a grit guard. Can never be too safe.

ScottH

I agree. 2 buckets for me just in case. I use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but same concept as ONR

TMQ
01-23-2018, 09:42 PM
One bucket. Do the GD method. Toss used towel in another bucket and pull out a fresh towel. Easier, faster and cleaner.

Tom

inDetail
01-23-2018, 09:57 PM
With the few I have done. One bucket using GDWM with IUDJ and BF Rinsless Wash ( It was free.)
I do keep a bucket with a gallon of water and a cup of APC and throw my spent towels in that so dirt does not have a chance to set in the fibers of the towels.

derass
01-23-2018, 11:09 PM
Mike Phillips has a video on rinseless washes and I started following that method. You put several towels in your solution, let them get thoroughly wet. Using one at a time, and folding 4 ways as he always shows, constantly turning to another side. When one towel is completely used on all sides, grab a clean one. You never put a dirty towel back in your solution and it stays clean. I have a lid for my bucket and mix up 3 gallons at a time and can wash several cars with it and you waste nothing. Works great.

One bucket. Do the GD method. Toss used towel in another bucket and pull out a fresh towel. Easier, faster and cleaner.

Tom

This is how I do my rinseless washes as well: one bucket, no grit guard and lots of edgeless MF towels. Watch Mike's video.

luvmyrv
01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Saw Mike's video in the past but looked for it tonight to refresh my memory but couldn't find it...looked through the how to videos as well as a search in the forums to no avail.

TTQ B4U
01-24-2018, 06:47 AM

^^ This. Pre-soak and really get the solution to bead up. Use a 480gsm 16x16 long nap rag as they hold a S.Ton of water. As you wipe, roll the rag so the dirt doesn't build up as much on a leading edge. You'll notice right away that this light wipe combined with tons of water leads to the dirt literally creates a small wave of water that pushes the dirt off the car.

I spray the car off loading it up again before I blow dry it as this helps capture any more dirt missed and helps clear it out of the crevices. Dry / buff with a damp towel/rag misted with your detail spray of choice.

inDetail
01-24-2018, 06:55 AM
Interesting blow dry then go back with a final wipe down.
I finished a car and went back around and sprayed door jambs and crevices and wiped clean with a damp rag like you said.
I always presoak. Spot soak if it's not to dirty but if it's bad it gets the whole car done.

C5Longhorn
01-24-2018, 07:06 AM
I also use one bucket with the GD wash method.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
01-24-2018, 07:40 AM
I have been doing my rinseless washes with one bucket and MF towels. I never reintroduce the dirty towel into the wash solution so I never really see the need for a grit guard. However, I am thinking of pulling the trigger and getting the Optimum BRS. If go this route I would definitely put a grit guard in the bucket.

The BRS has had great reviews and it would cut down on my use of tons of towels for rinseless.

Anyone else using the BRS???