PDA

View Full Version : Polymer net shield slickness

Pages : [1] 2

Swirlophobia
01-23-2018, 04:53 PM
Has anyone tried using spray wax on sonax pns to get back the surface slickness that pns unfortunately lacks?

Mike Phillips
01-23-2018, 05:00 PM
I can't remember that I have but my guess is as long as the PNS is fully cured it would at a minimum help.

One thing for sure, PNS is some pretty cool stuff. Water beading is insane!

:)

Vue to a kill
01-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Has anyone tried using spray wax on sonax pns to get back the surface slickness that pns unfortunately lacks?

I'm thinking it'd best not to except for Sonax BSD. It may negate some of it's hydrophobic properties. It never had been slick to the touch. But after all , it's not there for tactile function. Its there for protection.

custmsprty
01-23-2018, 05:57 PM

custmsprty
01-23-2018, 05:59 PM

BSD as noted above:

https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-brilliant-shine-detailer.html

And for maintenance washes this is a must, it's amazing for extending the longevity and revitalizing the shine:

https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-gloss-shampoo.html

This was after a maintenance wash:

The Guz
01-23-2018, 06:50 PM
BSD is nice but it is not slick. Still grabby like PNS and even Sonax CC36 ceramic coating.

ducksfan
01-23-2018, 08:16 PM
I used the PNS I bought on a white van. It has only had BSD on top of it. The two products are a good match for white paint. It's definitely not at the level of Polish Angel bling. But, it looks sharp and holds up well.

You know what. Now that I've thought about it. I would consider using Echo2 @ 1:20 with a couple ounces of Reload in a 32 ounce bottle ( which would equate to 1 1/2 ounces Echo2 and 2 ounces Reload in a 32 ounce sprayer and the fill with distilled water) on top of it. That should be slicker.

Ochnob
01-23-2018, 08:24 PM
When I was just testing PNS on a hood I was going to repolish soon I did put Sonax High Speed wax on top of it. Sure it made it slick. But it took on the characteristics of high speed wax. Which I love. But you will loose all the benefits of PNS. The price you will pay is loosing ultimate water beading and self cleaning you will ever get from a sealant. You have to decide what is more important. Only top with BSD if the beading and self cleaning are a priority. I am a true Sonax PNS/BSD fan. Especially for daily drivers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Swirlophobia
01-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Thanks a lot guys for your replies, i will try using high speed wax on one half of the hood to see which characteristics i prefer from PNS/BSD and PNS/HSW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ski2
01-24-2018, 09:18 AM
A little off topic, but can you apply PNS to black trim without staining????

Swirlophobia
01-24-2018, 09:25 AM
A little off topic, but can you apply PNS to black trim without staining????

Yes you definitely can, PNS goes on clear and has no solvents in it so it’s safe for use on any exterior material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ochnob
01-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Yup. I have it on some now. Works great on trim. I am actually thinking of using it on whole car trim. Which is a lot on this car. Used this portion as a test spot. Water beads great. I can't see it lasting the full 6 months but I have had it on at this picture about 3 weeks. One coat gives a nice satin look. I assume 2 coats would make it glossy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Ochnob
01-24-2018, 12:24 PM
I used the PNS I bought on a white van. It has only had BSD on top of it. The two products are a good match for white paint. It's definitely not at the level of Polish Angel bling. But, it looks sharp and holds up well.

You know what. Now that I've thought about it. I would consider using Echo2 @ 1:20 with a couple ounces of Reload in a 32 ounce bottle ( which would equate to 1 1/2 ounces Echo2 and 2 ounces Reload in a 32 ounce sprayer and the fill with distilled water) on top of it. That should be slicker.
Lol. Perfect timing. I have new test hood of PNS and Reload 50/50. I just got Ech2o and a replacement bottle of Reload.(long story) I will mix some up and put on a portion of the PNS side when I am doing the reload side. And I will put BSD on the other section to test the 2. I should be able to do it over next couple days a report back.

ducksfan
01-24-2018, 05:28 PM
I put the Reload/ Echo2 mix over some Griot's Best of Show detailer recently. No test, just playing around. I was really impressed. The shine and dust repel we're great. It's cool here and recently rained. So, that could be a factor with the little dust.

Oh, the Echo2 mix was put on a week later after a wash.

tofuproductions
01-24-2018, 10:43 PM
I’ve had PNS on my Lexus right before winter and now in the middle of it all with ice, snow, rain and salt - still holding up great; even with multiple car washes in between.

Also as others have said, the beading is great. I’ve used PNS for years now. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline