PDA

View Full Version : Products ruined by freezing (please add th this list)

KirkH
01-23-2018, 12:12 AM
This thread is to list products that should not freeze. I know all the companies say their products can freeze, but I have found out this winter, that is not always true. Please add products that you have first hand experience with freezing with bad results. Don't post products that were fine after freezing.

GYEON WET COAT

If it freezes, it separates. Shaking and warming it can get it somewhat back to solution but globs of the sealant are still suspended and leave patches of sealant that have to be polished off if you use it. I will take pics tomorrow.

MarkD51
01-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Not replying to mention any specific product, but I myself am leery and always have been of claims that the freezing of any chemical products will not have an adverse effect.

I'm just a hobbyist in essence, and of course over numerous decades have seen detrimental effects caused to waxes, sealants, and other chemical products by simply leaving them in an unheated garage or shed.

And that in all instances and since I became an Autogeek-Autopia Member, I never chance any chemical products to such exposures of cold or high heat.

I know I have read of some who refrigerate their paste waxes, but this is not freezing them.

For those who are professionals living in northern states, they may have little choice to roll the dice that continually need an influx of products due to their livelihoods.