PDA

View Full Version : windshield fine scratches

Darkoverlift
01-22-2018, 02:42 PM
I have a 50-year-old windshield that has minute fine scratches from someone using dirty wipers over the years. I have tried one product to polish out the glass but it had minimal perfect. I am looking for the ultimate glass restoration process. I'd rather put hours into the windshield then have to replace the glass because of the fine scratches. Any suggestions on products, steps, or even voodoo would be appreciated.

mwoywod
01-22-2018, 07:51 PM
cerium oxide. You could try using Carpro's Ceriglass and Rayon glass pads. I know alot of guys have had success with extremely fine wiper scratches. I've tried it but felt the amount of effort that goes into achieving acceptable results was never justifiable. Expect to spend 2-3 hours and also be sure you have an additional wetting agent to keep the product working.

Rsurfer
01-22-2018, 07:58 PM
cerium oxide. You could try using Carpro's Ceriglass and Rayon glass pads. I know alot of guys have had success with extremely fine wiper scratches. I've tried it but felt the amount of effort that goes into achieving acceptable results was never justifiable. Expect to spend 2-3 hours and also be sure you have an additional wetting agent to keep the product working.:agree:Plus using a rotary with a rayon pad will yield you faster results than with a da or hand. Do small sections at a time and keep the Ceriglass wet. Put some old mf on the wiper cowl and that will save some clean up. Good luck, glass polishing takes a lot of time.

Darkoverlift
01-22-2018, 08:15 PM
I've been using an orange Lake County pad with my da with the glass polish you mentioned. I have not kept it wet, I will give that a try. Doing it in the method I was made the glass look cleaner but did not remove any fine scratches.