PDA

View Full Version : KIWI count down for DETAIL FEST 2018!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aaryn NZ
01-22-2018, 05:27 AM
52 Days until this Kiwi detailer will be boarding the first plane of my 8000+ mile journey from New Zealand to Palm Beach Florida for the 13th Annual Detail Fest! :dblthumb2:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics3.jpg

I'm pretty excited about making the trip over, I had plans to attend Detail Fest 2017 but with plans to have the new shop open in June (Hahaha, yeah right!) I decided to concentrate on the workings of the shop/business & perhaps make it next year . . . 2018. Well, next year is now & with accomodation booked, flights sorted all that is left is to count down the days. If all goes well I will meet up with my AGO forum Brother - Don (Fly07sti) when I make it to Palm Beach. I hope to catch up with some more AGO forum friends too, depending on who is all going?

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics4.jpg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics5.jpg

I will be working until almost noon on the Thursday the 15th & then part one begins. I fly from Blenheim which is my home town & we are at the top of the South Island of New Zealand, to Auckland which is near enough at the top of the North Island. From there I board the big bird & proceed to fly to Houston & I think that takes around 13 & a half hours. I have a couple of hours waiting to do there . . . hmmm, I wonder if Curtis need a hand at Clarity Auto Detailing for an hour or so? Then a 2 & a half hour flight to PBI, arriving just before midnight on Thursday the 15th.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics1.jpg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics.jpg

Not bad - 8000+ miles in around ten hours. Leave my home town on Thursday at 1:30pm & arrive in Florida Thursday at 11:30pm! :props: For any AGO forum members, please stop me & say g'day if you see me walking around at Detail Fest, it'd be great to put a face to the names. This is a picture of me, so as you don't go talking to strangers now . . . :dblthumb2:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3517/medium/agomattspics6.jpg

52 days & counting down.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
01-22-2018, 05:58 AM
Incredible news!

Let me be the first to say thank you for attending Detail Fest this year!

It will be great to see you again my friend!

:dblthumb2:

Aaryn NZ
01-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Thank you Mike. :props:

I'm really looking forward to it, & hey - If the opportunity arises, I'm pretty sure I still owe you a beer too.

Meghan
01-22-2018, 12:42 PM
So excited to see you!

Aaryn NZ
01-23-2018, 04:14 AM
So excited to see you!

Thank you Meghan, I look forward to catching up. :props:

Chances are I'll have some spare time on the Friday if you guys need an extra set of hands to help out any.

I'm keeping an eye on the Seminars & other updates as you list them & have a couple in mind I must attend. Could you tell me if the IDA are doing any SV testing during Detail Fest or just sticking to the Seminars?

fly07sti
01-23-2018, 09:59 AM
Cant wait my friend. Should be a great time.

Aaryn NZ
01-25-2018, 04:07 AM
49 Days to go. :xyxthumbs:

Time is slowly ticking bye & excitement is growing, & I must say - nerves too. I already miss my family & I don't even leave them for another 49 days.

Lots to do & see at Detail Fest & one thing I'm super excited about is having a play with the cordless Flex tools. This could break my heart if these wont come down to NZ, or at least will not work down here. I have all but handed my pennies over for these, I am that confident that Flex have "got this" & these will be a fantastic addition to the shop. :buffing:

AZ Mike
01-25-2018, 09:16 AM
It should be a great trip. Let us know what you think of those cordless Flex tools.

DetailKitty
01-25-2018, 11:38 AM
That is awesome! Wish I was attending, but always a work conflict that time of year.
Safe travels and have fun!

Jaretr1
01-25-2018, 03:41 PM
I think you might hold the record for longest travel to attend Detail Fest. Mike keeps track of these records.

Aaryn NZ
01-25-2018, 03:48 PM
It should be a great trip. Let us know what you think of those cordless Flex tools.

Hey Mike. :xyxthumbs:

Yeah buddy, it’ll be great for sure. Definitely, I have a feeling the cordless Flex tools will be spot on but I’ll let you know my friend. You should be coming too mate.

That is awesome! Wish I was attending, but always a work conflict that time of year.
Safe travels and have fun!

Thank you Monica. :xyxthumbs:

Yeah, the shop kinda ties me down too but in the same regards - Detail Fest is what the shop is about . . . So enough talking about how much I’d like to go - I committed this time & here I come. :props:

Aaryn NZ
01-25-2018, 03:51 PM
I think you might hold the record for longest travel to attend Detail Fest. Mike keeps track of these records.

Haha, yeah! It’s a long way for sure. I’m sure you’re gonna be there Jaret? Keep an eye out for me mate, come & say hey.

Aaryn NZ
01-30-2018, 03:11 AM
44 Days to go. :props:

I have been following along here & on Facebook with updates from MTE & have been impressed by the goings on there. I really don't know what to expect from Detail Fest, well, I think I have some idea but hey.

Haven't seen too many forum members step up & say they're going, c'mon folks - who is all going?

fly07sti
02-10-2018, 07:01 PM
I’m stoked! Flying in early Friday the 16th. Hopefully will be able to find a nice cigar shop/lounge, then actually make it into AG.

Aaryn NZ
02-10-2018, 07:45 PM
I’m stoked! Flying in early Friday the 16th. Hopefully will be able to find a nice cigar shop/lounge, then actually make it into AG.

Yeah Brother, I got your email with your flight details etc. 32 days to go! :dblthumb2: Getting closer now.

Aaryn NZ. :xyxthumbs: