PDA

View Full Version : Best sealant for tunnel wash

Pages : [1] 2

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Before all the negitive and counter productive comments come in, I know... I know.

Here's the deal I have more customers then I'd like who just won't stop using tunnel washes BUT want a good "wax" to protect from the harsh sun here in the desert. I normally recommend they use a local touchless wash but not sure how harsh those chemicals are so I've come to my friends, my family, all of you here on AGO.

I know if a sealant should last 6 months with proper washes a tunnel or touchless will likely reduce that by half

With all that said which sealants would you think I can offer to these customers to keep the paint protected from the sun but will last the longest through the torturous tunnel and touchless washes. Feel free to list 2, one for each method if needed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ChrisT
01-20-2018, 11:22 AM
Maybe Hydro2 since it’s water pressure activated?

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Maybe Hydro2 since it’s water pressure activated?Keep in mind they will be coming to me to have it protected but will be let loose in the wild to maintain it until the next time they need a protection fix.

pickles
01-20-2018, 11:28 AM
FK 1000 is pretty cost effective for the amount you get which would be good for your business' bottom line. It is a thick paste sealant and it's designed for a high temp environment.

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 11:38 AM
FK 1000 is pretty cost effective for the amount you get which would be good for your business' bottom line. It is a thick paste sealant and it's designed for a high temp environment.I also feel this is a good option for those reasons and I do have it, I was just hoping someone has experience with using this or others in those wash conditions.

ChrisT
01-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Keep in mind they will be coming to me to have it protected but will be let loose in the wild to maintain it until the next time they need a protection fix.

Indeed. But they are not really ‘maintaining’ it by using automated washes. So....protection plus ease of application and cost of application would factor greatly into my decision.

FUNX650
01-20-2018, 11:53 AM
•Since I suspect that these Clients also
select the tunnel wash’s “Wax” option:

-I’d opt for Meguiars D156 as the Sealant.

It’s less time constuming than say an
FK1000, or similar Sealant, application.
(And, after all: “Time is Money”.)

ease of application and cost
of application would factor
greatly into my decision.
:iagree:

Bob

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 11:58 AM
•Since I suspect that these Clients also
select the tunnel wash’s “Wax” option:

-I’d opt for Meguiars D156 as the Sealant.

It’s less time constuming than say an
FK1000, or similar Sealant, application.
(And, after all: “Time is Money”.)

:iagree:

BobI was using this but it's has not lasted long in my testing I was lucky to get a month out of it with normal 2b washes

FUNX650
01-20-2018, 12:00 PM
I was using this but it's has not lasted
long in my testing I was lucky to get a
month out of it with normal 2b washes

Are you averse to having “return Clients”?

Bob

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Are you averse to having “return Clients”?

BobThe 156 works fine for my repeat clients but those clinets come by once a month min.

Im looking more for my 2-3 times a year customers who only come to me for protection and nothing else, they are mostly trucks and SUVs.

dlc95
01-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Duragloss 111
Collinite 476
TW Ice Paste

FUNX650
01-20-2018, 12:28 PM
The 156 works fine for my repeat clients
but those clinets come by once a month min.

Im looking more for my 2-3 times a year
customers who only come to me for
protection and nothing else, they are
mostly trucks and SUVs.

Yet they still insist on using a tunnel wash...

It’s too bad that the respect you tend
to show/have for your 2-3 times/year
Clients isn’t reciprocated.

Bob

Cruzscarwash
01-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Yet they still insist on using a tunnel wash...

It’s too bad that the respect you tend
to show/have for your 2-3 times/year
Clients isn’t reciprocated.

BobI understand it, I'm the highest priced in the area but for good reason and not all can afford it but I can understand the want to still protect. So I change things where I can to try and accomplished all..well most

Kamakaz1961
01-20-2018, 02:44 PM
I bought Gyeon Wetcoat as this is a Spray on Sealant. I have recently coated 2 vehicles (Gyeon) and this product looks like a great maintenance item. I don't know how good it is yet, however, that might be something to look at too.

I will know how good Wet Coat is in about a month for normal maintenance.

ski2
01-20-2018, 03:24 PM
FK 1000 is pretty cost effective for the amount you get which would be good for your business' bottom line. It is a thick paste sealant and it's designed for a high temp environment.

I agree with pickles, but I find FK1000 application and removal time consuming. While it is expensive, what about GEON CanCoat--seems to be very durable and very fast/easy application (and it's OK on the trim).

Here's a review from someone on Autopia: https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/188922-gyeon-cancoat-1-write.html