PDA

View Full Version : Dealership applied NanoBased paint protection over contaminated finish

Hondo66
01-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Here's the situation, I have a Polar White 2015 Mercedes E350 that has a M/B dealership applied "NanoBased" paint protection on it. The problem is upon close inspection you can see & feel the Black & Rust colored spots in the clear coat finish all over the vehicle.

(See attached photos) The dealer did not properly prepare the finish before the paint protection was applied.

The product applied is called UDS "Diamond Finish" and is suppose to last 2 years.

My question is should I start from scratch and do a "color correction" (SafeWash, tar & iron decon, claybar, polish, wax...) or just live with it?

To be honest, the car looks good from 3 feet away & 90% of people will never see the issue...

Your thoughts & ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Bruno Soares
01-16-2018, 09:09 PM
I’d start from scratch but if you can live with the minor flaws it has now then save yourself the time/money. If you’re going to correct it I’d wait until winter passes as more damage may happen in the next few months.

C5Longhorn
01-16-2018, 10:00 PM
I'd start from scratch as my OCD would drive me nuts with anything less.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wing commander
01-16-2018, 11:45 PM
It is now 2018 model year so the paint does deserve some love.

joleyred
01-17-2018, 05:42 AM
I 2nd what C5L said. That's a beautiful car, it would be a shame to see that every day.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Desertnate
01-17-2018, 09:14 AM
I’d start from scratch but if you can live with the minor flaws it has now then save yourself the time/money. If you’re going to correct it I’d wait until winter passes as more damage may happen in the next few months.

Totally agree with this. Unless you live in the far southern end of the US, I'd wait it out until warmer temperatures return this spring. Not only will it be a more enjoyable experience for you, but any products you use will perform better in milder temperatures as well.

Sadly this isn't uncommon. I recently bought a car and the dealership waxed right over the dirt. It looked like they didn't even bother to totally wash the car.