PDA

View Full Version : High alkaline? Mckees foaming gel wheel cleaner?

fightnews
01-16-2018, 06:55 AM
I was wondering if the mckees wheel cleaner is a high alkaline product? Also could you give me an example of some high alkaline products?

I got a great deal on some high alkaline pressure sprayers so I'm wondering what I can use in them. I bought them as all purpose for waterless washes or whatever the high alkaline feature is just a bonus

Nick McKees37
01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
I was wondering if the mckees wheel cleaner is a high alkaline product?

Nope. :)

Also could you give me an example of some high alkaline products?

Inexpensive degreasers.

I got a great deal on some high alkaline pressure sprayers so I'm wondering what I can use in them. I bought them as all purpose for waterless washes or whatever the high alkaline feature is just a bonus

Great find! :dblthumb2:

Mike@ShineStruck
01-16-2018, 10:23 AM

Inexpensive degreasers.

Some APCs, some snow foams and pretty much all TFR are high alki

luvmyrv
01-16-2018, 03:56 PM
TFR stands for???

LittleKing24
01-16-2018, 05:31 PM
TFR stands for???

Traffic Film Remover

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

fightnews
01-18-2018, 09:32 AM

Inexpensive degreasers.

Do you think I would be able to use the Mckees foaming gel wheel cleaner with these pressure sprayers?7 They are ik brand and I have a gallon of the wheel cleaner.

The description on the high alkaline sprayers I bought say they also stand up to most chemicals used in the cleaning industry

Mike@ShineStruck
01-19-2018, 05:43 AM
Do you think I would be able to use the Mckees foaming gel wheel cleaner with these pressure sprayers?7 They are ik brand and I have a gallon of the wheel cleaner.

The description on the high alkaline sprayers I bought say they also stand up to most chemicals used in the cleaning industry

I'm sure you can, I use a hi alkaline APC in my pump foamer and used it in my foam gun

Mike@ShineStruck
01-19-2018, 05:45 AM
In my experience, it's only the acid based products that mess things up

fightnews
01-19-2018, 05:53 AM

Inexpensive degreasers.

McKee's 37 Cleanse-All Exterior Cleaner can be used full strength or diluted to suit your cleaning task. This strong alkaline cleaner is powerful enough to cut through grease on engines and baked-on brake dust on roughcast aluminum

Could this stuff be used diluted to remove road salts that are contaminating an lap? What would the dilution be?

fightnews
01-20-2018, 06:31 AM
So does anyone know if the mckees 37 foaming gel wheel cleaner will be ok in a high alkaline sprayer? The directions say the sprayer has limited acid resistance. Anyone know if the wheel cleaner is an acid? It has to be 1 or the other right? Unless its neutral?

I'm getting ready to throw it one of these containers I'd rather not ruin it.

FUNX650
01-20-2018, 11:34 AM
So does anyone know if the mckees 37
foaming gel wheel cleaner will be ok in
a high alkaline sprayer?

I'm getting ready to throw it one of
these containers I'd rather not ruin it.

•If you take pH indicator strip(s)—to first
find out the alkalinity of the McKee’s 37
Foaming Gel Wheel Cleaner solution;

•Then, compare that pH number to your
“high-alkaline-sprayer’s” Manufacturer’s
highest allowable/recommended pH
number;

•You’ll know, first hand, if your
within tolerance/specs.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/829CE7C7-2B45-40EB-AA97-7EB97C1E9BC0.jpeg

Bob

fightnews
01-21-2018, 12:48 PM
•If you take pH indicator strip(s)—to first
find out the alkalinity of the McKee’s 37
Foaming Gel Wheel Cleaner solution;

•Then, compare that pH number to your
“high-alkaline-sprayer’s” Manufacturer’s
highest allowable/recommended pH
number;

•You’ll know, first hand, if your
within tolerance/specs.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/829CE7C7-2B45-40EB-AA97-7EB97C1E9BC0.jpeg

Bob

Thanks bob I should have just read the jug it came in it says its ph nutreal. These sprayers i got shoot to much product they dont have a fine mist setting like the autogeek ones so im going to use those.