PDA

View Full Version : Coatings not for Paint.

Hammer77
01-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Just wondering what coatings everyone is using on things other than paint. Trying to get some ideas for the spring, this is a year to try some new things.

What do you prefer for.
1. Glass
2. Smooth plastic trim
3. Headlights/Taillights

Thanks,
Dave

The Guz
01-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Her is what I have used and I will try to list them in order of preference.

1. Glass - Optimum Opti Glass, CarPro FlybyForte, McKee's 37

2. Smooth plastic trim - GTechniq C4, CarPro DLUX, Gyeon Trim

3. Headlights/Taillights - I typically use whatever paint coating I am currently using for both. Gyeon Trim and CarPro DLUX are about even for plastic type surfaces. Opti-Lens is more geared towards headlight restoration so I left that out.

Hammer77
01-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Thanks for your input Guz!

Justin at Final Inspection
01-15-2018, 08:03 AM
For glass- IGL window

Trim- if needed I restore it with solution finish first then coat with IGL trim

For headlights I use whatever paint coating the cars getting at the time.

BudgetPlan1
01-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Her is what I have used and I will try to list them in order of preference.

2. Smooth plastic trim - GTechniq C4, CarPro DLUX, Gyeon Trim

Curious as to what you liked about C4 as opposed to Gyeon Trim. Gyeon can be somewhat tacky, never quite sure when to remove but it's held up well. I do have C4 to try, haven't gotten around to it yet.

The Guz
01-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Curious as to what you liked about C4 as opposed to Gyeon Trim. Gyeon can be somewhat tacky, never quite sure when to remove but it's held up well. I do have C4 to try, haven't gotten around to it yet.

Durability is not so much of a concern for me as they all tend to last about the same amount of time and perform about the same. Overall look in my opinion goes to C4. From using Gyeon Trim it leaves a sheen unlike C4 which is more natural looking. Also C4 gives a more even look where Gyeon Trim may require a bit more product to get an even appearance. I don't find C4 to be tacky compared to Gyeon Trim.