PDA

View Full Version : what do you suggest for this?

desidetailer
01-14-2018, 04:14 AM
So this happened last year.
now considered my painter and he said whole panel has to be painted or else particular scratched part, if painted, will look odd. Now as you can see its a big piece from front to back single piece that too covering rear wheel arc. So skipped it, but touch up of this if done would look good? If so only paint touch up is enough? Or have to add some sought of touch up putty etc. Because they are very deep and rust has started. They are on hold mainly because of this dilemma but now its high time to address them.
looking forward for suggestion, tips etc.
many thanks...

RTexasF
01-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Follow the advice of the painter, there are no shortcuts here unless you want it to look half assed.

desidetailer
01-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Follow the advice of the painter, there are no shortcuts here unless you want it to look half assed.

Painter gave both advise, either to paint it full or touch up.
I avoided paint full panel mainly due to originality sake and also avoided touch up because, I dont want it to look bad. Thus its almost a year lol.

But guess, now I am thinking to get/do touch up if it works ok/acceptable then good otherwise option of paint is always there.
Now question is right technique for touchup? What concern me most is deepness of these scratches.