PDA

View Full Version : CarPro essence

Calendyr
01-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Hey guys,

I have had some serious issues with CarPro Essence in the past. Product would be almost impossible to remove from paint after polishing. So I used it twice and never touched it again.

Last week, I had a vehicle where Essence would be perfect.... so I decided to try it a 3rd time. This time around, I was indoor in a climate controled environment as opposed to the first two time working outside in the sun.

I also decided to use it like a sealant, not like a polish. So instead of using an Orange Cutting pad, I used a green light polishing pad. And instead of working it like a polish, I applied it like a sealant...

WOW! What a difference. The product came off super easy, leaving behind insane gloss and covering imperfections. I think I am in love with the product now ;)

I know there is a new version called Essence plus that is out. Would you guy keep using the original version or the revised one? I think the new one doesn't have abrasives in it, so it can't remove damage. But in the end, Essence fills the damage in so I am not sure those abrasives are really needed.

What do you guys think, and have you tried both?

RZJZA80
01-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Well Essence is a primer for coatings and Essence plus is for repairing a coating so they have different intended uses.

The Guz
01-14-2018, 12:36 AM
Essence+ is not a revised version of essence. They are two different products for two different things.

As you are aware, Essence is an abrasive polish that leaves SiO2 behind in prep for a coating of Cquartz as the coating will bond to that SiO2 and will merge together. Essence+ was developed to repair a coating as it is a non-abrasive jeweling polish that will fill in minor defects and leave a layer of SiO2. Essence+ is also designed to be hydrophobic compared to Essence.

You can actually use both together. Essence topped with Essence+ where Essence+ will be a sealant.

I think they are both great to have and both work great.

TTQ B4U
01-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Key with Essence is to not over work it or heat it up. On a Flex 3401 I use 1 tick above Speed 5 with a light polishing pad. 3-5 passes and then wipe after each section being worked. Works great.

Calendyr
01-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Ah ok, I did not know they were completelly different, was under the impression they just removed the abrasive from the original formula. Thanks guys!

And yes, light polishing pad worked amazingly well. I used my Bigfoot 21 on speed 3. Did 2 super quick passes to spread the product around and 2 fast passes to ensure perfect coverage then wiped off. I am sure I got basically no correction from it, but I had just compounded the car with D300 which leaves the panel almost ready for LSP so I did not feel it needed extensive polishing.

So I guess I will order more Essence then. I see no need for coating repairs at this point. If it happens I will order some Essence plus