PDA

View Full Version : You might be a autogeek if........

Pages : [1] 2 3

Whitewater25
01-13-2018, 09:01 AM
I can't find this topic in a search. I know it's here somewhere. Maybe a sticky?
Anyway,you must get be a geek if......
1- you are watching sportcenter and you can hardly pay attention to the announcers because all the swirls in the table they are sitting at are jumping out at ya.
2- you go outside and wax the cover for your central air unit because it's getting chalky

SWETM
01-13-2018, 09:09 AM
... you look like someone with touretes syndrom when walking a cross the parkingspaces to your car. Most when it's dark outside and when the lamp posts a lit and you look for swirls in the perfect light angle on others cars.

01GreyStangGT
01-13-2018, 10:58 AM
You go to a custom car show and get distracted by the swirls in the paint instead of looking at the mods on the cars.

hoyt66
01-13-2018, 11:04 AM
you polish off your 4month old csl/exo coating just so you can play with your wax collection again

hmardown
01-13-2018, 12:42 PM
show your mower a little love.
hmardown

davidc
01-13-2018, 05:43 PM
I believe I was an Autogeek long before there was an Autogeek. The 70 Red roadrunner in my avatar was doing the local car shows starting in the late 70's. Back then the latest greatest was Liquid Glass. For chrome, stainless,aluminum it was simichrome. Initially there was Armor all then Chrysler sent out a bulletin warning that it would dry out vinyl/plastic and recommended spray silicone. Later 303 came into existence. None the less I blame all of that on my OCD that I have now as the car still needed to be as clean as possible and the paint had to be perfect.

Dave

Kamakaz1961
01-13-2018, 06:02 PM
you polish off your 4month old csl/exo coating just so you can play with your wax collection again

I am GUILTY of this too!....LOL

PaulMys
01-13-2018, 06:16 PM
They buy you a new snow blower at your job, and the first thing you do is slather it in 845 that you brought from home....... :)

Hammer77
01-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Last summer I applied Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax to my mower and snow blower. Run Royal Purple in them too!

LEDetailing
01-13-2018, 08:03 PM
You go to a custom car show and get distracted by the swirls in the paint instead of looking at the mods on the cars.

Not only swirls, but dusty dashboards, dirty wheels and horribly dirty interior glass.

LEDetailing
01-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Last summer I applied Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax to my mower and snow blower. Run Royal Purple in them too!

Did you wax the underside of the deck? I could see some real advantages to putting FK1000p or any sealant under the deck?

rangerbay
01-13-2018, 08:57 PM
If you put a good coat of wax on your polishers.

PaulMys
01-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Did you wax the underside of the deck? I could see some real advantages to putting FK1000p or any sealant under the deck?

I did this to mine when new. Didn't expect much, and I was right.

Too harsh of an environment for it to last much past one or two mowings.

FUNX650
01-13-2018, 10:43 PM
RE: You might be a autogeek if......

You realize that moment when
you have “crossed over”!

•Yes...my bout with OCD has “evolved”:
-Vehicle Dysmorphic Disorder (V.D.X2)
is now the bane of my existence.

•Please understand that:
-Even though I’ve attended classes on
cognitive behavioral therapy; and, very
religiously followed my SSRI (Fluvoxamine)
protocol to the letter...it’s all to no avail.

•I hope and pray that this debility never
befalls any other AGO forum members.

Bob

LEDetailing
01-13-2018, 10:50 PM
I did this to mine when new. Didn't expect much, and I was right.

Too harsh of an environment for it to last much past one or two mowings.

Yeah, because you probably forgot the important pre-sealant steps: chemically decontaminate, clay, and polish the underside prior to sealing. Did you give it a thorough two bucket maintenance wash after each mowing? JK of course:)