PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow

lj993
01-13-2018, 01:48 AM
I have been using Black Wow for several years. I have been a fan even when others have been less than enthusiastic about it. A week ago I applied it to the plastic trim on my 2006 Range Rover Sport. It went on easily, I use a pad that I keep in a plastic bag with the black Wow bottle. The pad is pretty saturated with black wow. We had two days of rain a couple of days after I applied the Black Wow. It did not hold up at all. The trim looks very very streaky and blotchy. Time to reapply. Thankfully it rarely rains out here. It does hold up fairly well during hand washes but evidently not those by Mother Nature.

Phil6154861549

Eldorado2k
01-13-2018, 01:54 AM
When I saw the 1st. photo, I thought your legs in the reflection were the streaks. [emoji23]lol.

But after seeing the 2nd photo I realized where the streaks actually were.. Did you do any kind of prep before applying the Black Wow?

lj993
01-13-2018, 02:00 AM
No prep. I use the Black Wow regularly. It seems to hold up better most of the time. The photos came out oddly. They weren't meant to be matched up the way that they are.

The trim looked great before the rain. Very uniform and even. Phil

Eldorado2k
01-13-2018, 02:06 AM
It’d be interesting if we could somehow see a time lapse video in order to help find out why certain parts of the trim turned blotchy and faded while the rest seemed to hold up. The plastic used for exterior trim can be kind of unpredictable.

RTexasF
01-13-2018, 09:43 AM
In the past I've had it work perfectly and be quite durable on some pieces of trim while only lasting a day or so on others. Prep was the same on all. I never did figure it out.

Mike@ShineStruck
01-13-2018, 07:40 PM
I have been using Black Wow for several years. I have been a fan even when others have been less than enthusiastic about it. A week ago I applied it to the plastic trim on my 2006 Range Rover Sport. It went on easily, I use a pad that I keep in a plastic bag with the black Wow bottle. The pad is pretty saturated with black wow. We had two days of rain a couple of days after I applied the Black Wow. It did not hold up at all. The trim looks very very streaky and blotchy. Time to reapply. Thankfully it rarely rains out here. It does hold up fairly well during hand washes but evidently not those by Mother Nature.

Phil6154861549

I like doing prewow prior to black wow pro
Richard released a new product at SEMA that goes in between these two products

Never used regular blackwow though

custmsprty
01-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Wolfgand Exterior Trim Sealant, best I've used. It last months and months and months down here in Florida.