PDA

View Full Version : Namaste everyone, Greetings from India

desidetailer
01-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Hello Guys and Girls,

So I have been following this forum for a while but due to some or other reason or say my lazyness, I wasn't able to register myself here. But here I am today and it feels great to be a part of this awesome forum.

About Me:-
I am Male, 26, from Chandigarh, India. I build headlights or as they call retrofitter. I am still a struggler and nowhere close where I want to see myself in my career.

Why I am here:-
well I never realised how and when detailing became my passion. I must say lurking around forums and seeing great work of people and by the time I realised, I was trapped in the detailing world and I am proud to say, I am really happy.
I have bit of experience in detailing mainly interior, engine wheels and body paint(but only hand polishing) but now I am thinking and finally decided its machine polishing time.
now still on budget Ill start with rotary( dewalt or makita, whichever I can buy cheap) and practise my skills on a few cars, I am not afraid to spoil paint lol. I already bought lc pads last year and no rotary till now. Cutting it short.

looking forward to you guys suggestions, feedback etc and learning from you guys.
Thanks a ton for your time and going through all this. You guys are great.

Regards
Mayur

Eldorado2k
01-12-2018, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. [emoji1366]

Pats300zx
01-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Welcome !!!

Mike Phillips
01-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Welcome to AGO :welcome:

I met a guy from India at SEMA last year, (which was just a few months ago), can't think of his name off hand but I think I have his business card.

He told me he's been following my videos, articles and books for 7 years. Told me he would be here at my February 3-day detailing class AND he wanted to have me over to India to teach a detailing class.

Have to wait see what pans out...

:)

DBAILEY
01-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Welcome, it will interesting to hear your opinions on the durability of waxes/sealants and such. I bet the climate in India could be bit if a torture test for these products.

desidetailer
01-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Welcome to AGO :welcome:

I met a guy from India at SEMA last year, (which was just a few months ago), can't think of his name off hand but I think I have his business card.

He told me he's been following my videos, articles and books for 7 years. Told me he would be here at my February 3-day detailing class AND he wanted to have me over to India to teach a detailing class.

Have to wait see what pans out...

:)

Well all the pro detailer here are in South. Although North have hardly a few detailer.

And we would be far more than happy to have you here :) just do let us know and I would not miss your class for anything, if you visit India.

desidetailer
01-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Welcome, it will interesting to hear your opinions on the durability of waxes/sealants and such. I bet the climate in India could be bit if a torture test for these products.

Sure, it will be my pleasure to contribute to the forum. Weather here is tough but not extreme of cold or hot but very close, but added dust and pollution combined in this weather gives a real challenge to products life. I actually reapply wax and sealant a little earlier due to my OCD, but from now on I will keep a close eye and update here :)

Commander2874
01-13-2018, 07:12 AM
Welcome. I studied in Shivalik public scho in Chandigarh when i was young!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

desidetailer
01-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Welcome. I studied in Shivalik public scho in Chandigarh when i was young!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nice... Good to see someone from chandigarh, here :)

Paul A.
01-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Welcome in to the group Mayur.