PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Nano Ceramic Coatings Need Help!

robinhood02
01-10-2018, 06:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I own a detailing shop and we do Nano Ceramic Coating on cars and bike. I have been encountering a strange problem in some cars and was wondering if i can find some help here.

We detail cars to mirror finish using Rupes kit and keep cars for 12 hours after coating before giving it to clients. The cars look amazingly shiny and glossy and completely free of swirl marks.

However, due to some reason in just 1-2 days, some clients return back with their car extremely covered with dust. For some reason, the cars seem to have been very sensitive to dust and swirl marks. I have no idea why.

Isn't ceramic coating supposed to reduce the degree of dust that sticks to the car and swirl marks? Am I doing something wrong? The brand we use is Nano Ceramic Protect.

Would appreciate any help.

Calendyr
01-10-2018, 07:09 AM
I don't think any LSP can prevent dust from landing on the vehicle. I would put a air filtration system in place if you have so much dust in your shop.

robinhood02
01-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I was implying to the cars that have been handed over to our clients. I have edited the post for more clarity, can you provide some insight?

Desertnate
01-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Coatings don't repel dust. In my experience dust accumulation is less, but not completely gone. The dust is also far easier to remove. Often a hard rain will knock off a light layer of dust that would have required more effort if a vehicle was wearing a wax or sealant.

I'm not sure where you are located, but when there is a lot of particles in the air it will land on the vehicle. For me, in the Spring my vehicles will still turn yellow from all the pollen in the air and in the fall all the dust and tiny bits of debris from the crop harvest will still land on the car. However it is noticeably less than when I used a sealant and washing it off is much easier.

The swirls you're seeing on customers cars is probably a result of them improperly removing the dust and undoing all your hard work.

Justin at Final Inspection
01-10-2018, 10:15 AM
This is the problem. You need to fully educate your clients as to what a coating can and can't do. No coating will prevent dust accumulation or totally prevent swirls or scratches. If swirls marks are coming back, like stated above, your clients are not touching the paint properly to remove dust. Most likely they are using a car duster or dry dusting the car. I spend a lot of time going over do's and don't with all my coating clients to ensure they understand how to wash and maintain a coated vehicle. Telling a client there car will not get dusty or swirl with a coating is just setting yourself up for issues like you are currently having.