PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a rinse less or just a better soap ?

Pages : [1] 2

01AUDI
01-09-2018, 06:31 PM
I am getting low on my Meguiars Gold Class soap and I think i may need something else. Today was a warm day, mid 50s, bur nothing like it is in the summer and I'm trying to plan for the next couple months sins I am getting low.
I washed the suv and by the time i got to the other side it already seemed like I was getting water spots and heavy drying. It is a black suv that sits outside all day. Being in the south, it is hard to get a mild day to wash without it being early am or late pm so I typically wait for a shady time of the day and go fast.
Seeing that this can be annoying to rush, would a rinseless wash help me at all or is there something better or some other ingredient to look for? I don't think the 50s were hot enough to dry the soap that fast so either it is just that I am in the sun and thats the reason, or megs gold class just drys fast and I need a slower drying soap ?

DMiglio
01-09-2018, 09:03 PM
I like the megs gold class, but I too have had spotting happen unfortunately and it does seem to happen faster than I recall most other soaps doing. I’ve not tried it but if you want to stick with megs line, I’ve heard great things about megs hyper wash, might want to pick that up.

Rinseless washes have been a major part of my washing/detailing routine. It might take a few washes to come up with a routine you like and to develop an overall workflow but they are extremely convenient, effective and safe. There’s almost as many rinseless options as there are conventional wash soaps, check out ONR, Uber rinseless or McKees 37 N914.

Klasse Act
01-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Ech2o and N914, period!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jserr052
01-09-2018, 10:00 PM
You'd mosy likely wash the vehicle differently with a rinseless as well. Going panel by panel will help prevent the wash from drying on its own and prevent spotting. I'm in southeast PA and only use rinseless washes all year round, usually waiting for days in the 40s to clean a vehicle in my garage during this time of year. It's definitely worth trying!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Desertnate
01-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Even in the 50's, the surface of a black vehicle will get warm enough to accelerate drying and leave water spots. I have no shade for washing and I fight water spots every time I wash it. Here are a few things I do which have worked. As always, you mileage may vary...

- Don't start by rinsing the entire vehicle. I start on the shady side of the SUV and only rinse the area I'm about to wash.
- Start on the shadiest areas and work toward those with the most sun
- Continually rinse areas previously washed to prevent water spots

Even with all of that, I still use a QD spray as a drying aid to deal with any water spots. It will happen.

I would suggest using a better soap just for general purposes. After using Meg's Gold Class for many years I was amazed by how much I liked other better. It was an eye-opening experience. There are many out there which provide better lubrication for the wash mitt, clean better, and rinse cleaner. My current favorite right now is Optimum Car Wash.

rangerbay
01-10-2018, 09:26 AM
I also like Optimum car wash, and Car Pro reset. I found out that when using Gold Class, it is stronger than the directions call for, and used less soap. That did help with the spotting and quicker drying.

Like Desertnate stated, wash in panels, rinse that panel right away, and use a QD. That makes a huge difference. Cut your soap quantity in 1/2, and rinse like crazy! The soap only loosens the bond the dirt and contaminants have with the paint, it's the water that rinses it away.

If you need a sample of optimum car wash, let me know and I'll send you a little.

Bill

01AUDI
01-10-2018, 10:08 AM
So i forgot to add. I have been using a foam cannon on the pressure washer. I foam up the entire car and then 2 bucket hand wash. I don't let the foam sit on the car for any amount of time, i usually foam the car completely and then go straight to the hand wash. No reason other than its an suv and by the time i make it around the entire vehicle i am sure it has had enough time to loosen what can be loosened.

So that is why i am having the issue, if was doing only a 2 bucket wash then i could do panel by panel but because i use the foam cannon its like i have to rush. I like using the cannon because i honestly have seen it be much easier for me in certain areas behind the wheels where i get more mud slung up and get caked on the paint.

Would i be better off foaming the entire car, let it sit a minute and then pressure wash it all off. THEN go back to a 2 bucket wash and clean panel by panel ? I don't want to waste product but i know the foam helps some areas for me and i feel like it gets the loosest dirt and dust off first before i actually start touching the paint and possibly scratching or swirling.

DBAILEY
01-10-2018, 10:24 AM
'Foam the entire car, let it sit a minute and then pressure wash it all off.' Then do your 2 bucket wash. I personally gave up on using the foam cannon for regular washes.

rangerbay
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM
I also quit using the foam cannon. Too much hassle. I have a foam gun, works great, but uses lots of product. I foam the car, let it sit, rinse off completely, and then foam again, wash with 3 different mits, and then rinse as I wash. A little work, but great results, especially here in Southern Alabama.

Bill

01AUDI
01-10-2018, 12:32 PM
and then foam again, wash with 3 different mits, and then rinse as I wash.

Bill

Once you wash off one panel do you find that the water dries before you can wash and rinse the rest of the car ? You are in the heat too so how do you not get water spots ?

Kamakaz1961
01-10-2018, 01:06 PM
My newest Go-To is Gyeon Bathe...NOT the Bathe+. The Bathe+ is for coated cars the regular Bathe is for all others. All I can say is it is the best car soap I have used. A little goes along way too! I use it in my spray bottle in conjunction with my rinseless wash (pre-prep before RW).

This car soap is awesome and I would not hesitate to recommend it. As for the Bathe+ I have heard OK reviews not great reviews.

My 2 cents worth!

Klasse Act
01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
I've used both Bathe and Bathe+ on my coated car, works GREAT[emoji362]

01AUDI
01-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Is there such a soap that i can use in the foam cannon to foam the entire car and then lightly pressure wash off, without having to do a 2 bucket wash? Im just thinking for more frequent and lazy washes ?

Kamakaz1961
01-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Is there such a soap that i can use in the foam cannon to foam the entire car and then lightly pressure wash off, without having to do a 2 bucket wash? Im just thinking for more frequent and lazy washes ?

Try the Bathe. That thing foams up like crazy!

Klasse Act
01-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Bathe foams up nicely even in my Worx hydroshot with the soap dispenser and pressure is that of a hose for the most part.

GO FOR IT!