PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Uber versus Ulitma

Pages : [1] 2

Mohammad83
01-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone. I hope this message finds you well.

Has anyone compared Wolfgang Uber to Ultima Waterless Wash+ as rinseless washes?
I have a gallon of Uber to get through but got a 16 oz. bottle of Ultima and was surprised at how shiny Ultima was when I used it as a rinseless wash. I know Ultima has Polycharger which aids in protection but does Wolfgang Uber have anything similar?

If anyone else has used both products I'd love to hear those thoughts.

Thanks!

Mantilgh
01-08-2018, 04:10 PM
I can’t compare the two but I believe Uber does have gloss enhancers but no actual claimed protection.

I’ve always heard great things about Ultima WW+ but decided to pick up their new Acrylic WW. Just to cold to try it yet.

I really do like Uber but can’t say that I’ve really noticed any extra gloss after.

Mad Wax
01-11-2018, 07:15 PM
I cycle through all of these rinseless wash brands and tried out so many....honestly, they all seem too similar, and the biggest difference between all of them is the scent. I will add, I use ONR mostly because they can cross-link with all of there products (or at least that's what they claim!)...I've had great success with Optimums systems and products, especially in direct sunlight. You really can't go wrong with any of these....and I would just buy whatever's on sale lol.

JHL88
01-11-2018, 07:37 PM
I cycle through all of these rinseless wash brands and tried out so many....honestly, they all seem too similar, and the biggest difference between all of them is the scent. I will add, I use ONR mostly because they can cross-link with all of there products (or at least that's what they claim!)...I've had great success with Optimums systems and products, especially in direct sunlight. You really can't go wrong with any of these....and I would just buy whatever's on sale lol.

I agree. Especially in this case of uber rinseless and UWW+. I have both as well and they are almost identical to me except for scent and color

Mohammad83
01-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Many thanks to all folks replying.

Ultima is being marketed as anti-static (at least on Amazon) and has a far shinier appearance as well. My car is dark gray so I would really want to see how that would show itself.

I've ordered a bottle from Amazon. Let's see how things pan out.

Eldorado2k
01-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Ultima has a far shinier appearance as well. My car is dark gray so I would really want to see how that would show itself.

I've ordered a bottle from Amazon. Let's see how things pan out.

How can you say that if you haven’t even tried it yet? [emoji6]

Eldorado2k
01-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Well I just read your OP.... So have you tried it or not? It seems like you’re saying both? Or am I reading it wrong?

ducksfan
01-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Well I just read your OP.... So have you tried it or not? It seems like you’re saying both? Or am I reading it wrong?

Nope, you're right.

I think he just wants some other opinions, because he doesn't trust his limited experience not to have missed something. Or,... maybe he's lonely and just wants to talk.

Eldorado2k
01-12-2018, 12:17 AM
maybe he's lonely and just wants to talk.

No better place to talk about auto detailing than right here. We welcome everyone. [emoji41]

Mohammad83
01-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Ha!

I’ve tried Uber, and now, as of a few hours ago, I’ve also tried Ultima Acrylic.

I’d say they’re both the same in terms of initial gloss and overall ease of use. However I’ve heard that Ultima Acrylic-washed cars perform better in the rain and are also anti-static - so I’ll be paying attention to that over the next few days.

UncleDavy
01-12-2018, 06:50 PM
I cannot vouch for Ultima but I use Wolfgang Uber on a regular basis and I love it. I look for cleaning power and lubricity in a rinseless wash and not necessarily anti-static or hydroponic properties. Most of us are brand loyal so use what you like and what you feel comfortable paying for. For me its Wolfgang Uber.

derass
01-13-2018, 12:36 AM
I mainly use UWW+ as a drying aid or waterless wash, but I've used it a number of times as a rinseless and it also works great. However the dilution isn't very cost-effective, so I'll be grabbing a bottle of tried-and-true ONR at some point.

Eldorado2k
01-13-2018, 01:40 AM
I mainly use UWW+ as a drying aid or waterless wash, but I've used it a number of times as a rinseless and it also works great. However the dilution isn't very cost-effective, so I'll be grabbing a bottle of tried-and-true ONR at some point.

ONR - Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32oz. - $15.99 and yields 4 gallons of detail spray.

UWW+ Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ 16oz. - $20.99 and yields 5+ gallons of waterless wash.

UWW+ is actually the more cost effective option between the 2. It’s also labeled as a dedicated waterless wash as opposed to a “detail spray”

Eldorado2k
01-13-2018, 01:45 AM
...Well actually they’re about dead even if you do the math. However, we all know waterless wash is more expensive than detail spray, so you get more bang for your buck with UWW+ [emoji6]

derass
01-13-2018, 01:56 AM
Sorry, I meant buying ONR for rinseless washes. I do want to keep UWW+ as my drying aid / waterless, I really like it.

Is ONR any more cost-effective as a rinseless? Or still about the same?