PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking ordering in these temps??

hoyt66
01-06-2018, 08:21 AM
I really dropped the ball. Ordered some Mckee's 37 Jeweling wax and Mckee's 37 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner last week. Received to frozen solid bottles of product! I should of known better. Oh well. Thawed them out and they pass the eye test so far. Have to try them out. Thinking it'll be ok but need to pay more attention to the temps next order :dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
01-06-2018, 08:32 AM
I really dropped the ball. Ordered some Mckee's 37 Jeweling wax and Mckee's 37 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner last week. Received to frozen solid bottles of product! I should of known better. Oh well. Thawed them out and they pass the eye test so far. Have to try them out. Thinking it'll be ok but need to pay more attention to the temps next order :dblthumb2:

I got an email from McKees saying ALL of their products are perfectly fine after a freeze / thaw. You should be good!

Mazo275
01-06-2018, 09:38 AM
No worries, McKee’s 37 products are tough.

DMiglio
01-06-2018, 09:49 AM
I also received this email, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve seen Nick offer to help all customers in regards to McKees products and I’m sure if there was any doubt in the products, he’d be willing to make it right!

UncleDavy
01-06-2018, 10:44 AM
The worst part about it is that you have to wait for the outside to thaw before you can use it. We have sub zero temperatures and road salt all over the place. It's a detailer's nightmare. It is good to hear that the product will not be affected.

SWETM
01-06-2018, 11:01 AM
That's something I don't always think about. Have been lucky so far that the temps has not been so low as they use to be in Sweden. One thing I waited to order because of the warmer temps this summer was the clay mitt and clay block. Read about many where they clay mitt and most clay towels melted under transportation to them. The synthetic rubber didnt look as they would do.

Hope your products are fine when you use them. But since the makers of them say it's good I would'nt worry to much. It's gets you worried still when it happens though.

kevincwelch
01-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Have had more than a few polishes, APCs and even some of the Polish Angel sprays freeze up - all OK.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

MarkD51
01-06-2018, 04:24 PM
As we all know, some of the very best sales at AGO, and Autopia occur during these cold months, and thus is is awfully hard to resist buying all the goodies across the board. We are all guilty! :-)

I try to buy chemicals though before the SHTF with the cold. I even worried about that when living in NM, where shipments would come across the lower part of the US.

During these past couple months I mostly stocked up on pads, tools, and hardware accessories for the majorities of my orders, that are pretty much impervious to the cold.

Cannot blame anyone, that it would be insanity to pass up all these great sales lately!

JHL88
01-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Good to know, I had some Hydro Blue arrive as a brick last week. Shine on!

FUNX650
01-06-2018, 05:06 PM
I really dropped the ball.
Ordered some Mckee's 37 Jeweling wax
and Mckee's 37 Carpet and Upholstery
Cleaner last week.

Received to frozen solid bottles of product!
I should of known better. Oh well.

Thawed them out and they pass the eye
test so far. Have to try them out. Thinking
it'll be ok but need to pay more attention
to the temps next order :dblthumb2:
FWIW:

01-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Re: What Happens if
Detailing Products Freeze?

”Most all products that freeze just
have to be shaken and they will
mix right back together.”

“Any problems call the office.”

Bob

luvmyrv
01-06-2018, 10:10 PM
I emailed McKee's last week and was told the same thing, no worries if the product freezes. Just allow to thaw at room temperature. I was told by someone else that what can sometimes happen when product freezes, is not so much what it does to the product itself but sometimes the bottle it comes in might bust. For that reason I would not order anything aerosol in winter. When one thinks of the sheer volume of products, both online and at the retailer big box stores that travels across the country all year long, I am sure a lot of it is subject to freezing temps and then ends up on store shelves. But I know what you are all saying...I think about it a lot as well and right now there is quite a bit sitting in my wish list just waiting for me to pull the trigger.

hoyt66
01-07-2018, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the replies and for the reassurance. I know AG stands by their products and would take care of this. It is also good to know Mckee 37 has

said freeze then thaw is no problem on their products. I'm sure both products are "ok" now that they have thawed. I don't really care about the carpet

upholstery cleaner but the Jeweling wax I wish would not have froze solid. Not a super big deal but if I can avoid ordering in single digit temps from

now on I will.

fightnews
01-07-2018, 05:04 AM
Idk about those water based coating prep polishes they seem to be very delicate

zero11
01-07-2018, 06:43 PM
As what has been said , the products will be ok but what should be looked at closely is the containers. Some are thinner than others and when there frozen it’s hard to see if there is a crack or split in the bottle. I know from experience.

FUNX650
01-07-2018, 07:27 PM
As what has been said , the products
will be ok but

what should be looked at closely is the
containers. Some are thinner than others
and when there frozen it’s hard to see if
there is a crack or split in the bottle.

I know from experience.

Of that I have no doubt, zero11... :)

{Being appreciative of your AGO forum name)

Bob