PDA

View Full Version : Which Detailing Kit ?

angrypressmn
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Looking to take advantage of 15% sale by ordering either Poorboys or Optimum detailing kit ,I will be detailing 03 black trailblazer outside in direct sunlight.Any suggestion or recommedation on what will work in sunlight would be appreciated.Will be using Flex xc3401.

rwisejr
01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Any kit that contains the optimum or poorboy's products .Those the main ones that I can think of that are able to be worked in the sun.Either should work great with the flex

budman3
01-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Either one will be great. Optimum excels when used with a rotary but Poorboy's is easier to work with via PC. I haven't used a Flex but since it is in between a rotary and PC, either will work fine. The Optimum will have longer working times but the Poorboy's SSRs will be a breeze to apply and remove. The Optimum line has oils in it to prevent dusting, which is awesome, but when it's not used with a rotary you need to use less product and work the polish in longer or it'll be a little oily to remove... more of a learning curve. All PB products can be used in the sun or shade, most of Opt too I believe.

angrypressmn
01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks Ron & budman3 for the information and explanations,Im leaning toward PB kit(Since less of learning curve for newbie) with ccs pad but I also was going to oder some cobra flex pads in white and orange. Thanks again for all your help.

blk45
01-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Both are good lines, but I recommend the Poorboys.

angrypressmn
01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
thanks blk45 thats the way im going to go with Poorboys

budman3
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Poorboy's is all about user friendliness. Take a look at the link in my signature for a few tips to use the SSRs to their fullest potential. I have been using the PB line for a few years now with no disappointments.

The Spray and Wipe is an amazing product. It'll clean anything short of mud. The dirtier the surface, the more towels and product you'll need though. A nice mist over a panel and a wipe (not rub) off the dirt with a MF towel. When the towel looks dirt, flip to a new side of the towel and move on. I'm sure it'll take a little bit to get comfortable with, but it is a time saver- no need for any buckets or water, just the bottle and a few MF towels.

A little tip with the Natty's as well-- spray a very very light mist of the Spray and Gloss on the paint and then rub in the Natty's Blue until the mist is gone and the wax is clear. You don't need a whole lot of wax, thin is in! This is a form of spit shining that will make applying and removing the wax easier while boosting it's slickness and gloss. It may take a few extra minutes but the results are worth it, IMO.

And of course, one can never have too many MF towels, pads, or Clay. You don't need to stockpile these items right now, but once you get the bug, you'll understand :).

angrypressmn
01-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks budman3 for all information & tips given,will be looking at your links to learn more for proper use.Now that Im addicted,Im working on order to put in for 15% sale,looking foward to application of Poorboy's product using your tips. Any other suggestion would be appreciated

rwisejr
01-26-2008, 08:33 AM
thanks blk45 thats the way im going to go with Poorboys

Looks like you made a good choice. What part of Long Island are you in ? I'm in Central Islip

ScottB
01-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Poorboys Kit is always a best seller ....

angrypressmn
01-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Looks like you made a good choice. What part of Long Island are you in ? I'm in Central Islip

Ron I'm from Deer Park

rwisejr
01-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Ron I'm from Deer Park

Cool one day we will have to get together

angrypressmn
01-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds good Ron