PDA

View Full Version : Would i be better to layer or not ?

01AUDI
01-01-2018, 10:17 AM
So i am new to detailing with better products and I am still waiting on my backing plate and a couple products before doing my first d/a polish. I am going to use the d/a on my car first and figure out what I am doing first before going to her car.. so it may be a little while before her car gets polished and it currently has no wax. Before learning about d/a polishers and these new products I had always used liquid Meguiars Gold Class wax w/Caranuba so that is the only hand wax I have right now.

I also just bought a spray bottle of Optimum Car Wax, which i am sure is a better product but im not sure if i can layer them togethwr or which to use on its own.. ?

1. apply just the gold class as normal
2. apply just the optimum car wax after normal wash
3. apply gold class then optimum

FUNX650
01-01-2018, 12:24 PM
1. apply just the gold class as normal
2. apply just the optimum car wax after normal wash
3. apply gold class then optimum
:idea:
Pick out a panel, such as the hood
or trunk lid, and do three separate
“Test Spots”.

That way:
You’ll have firsthand results.

Bob

TTQ B4U
01-01-2018, 12:26 PM
two coats for best coverage and a wee bit more depth perhaps but anything more is a waste. don't believe it, then try 4-6 layers on 1/2 of your decklid and observe first hand.

Tempest45
01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
1 or 2 sprays with OCW per panel. Doesn't take much and streaks can occur if over applied. Apply 2 coats as a base. Product is more durable than you would think and much easier to apply than apply and buff off products . I would recommend Meguiar's UFF as a base.

The Guz
01-01-2018, 07:56 PM
I would stick with OCW and use that regularly when you think you need more. One coat is fine with it.