PDA

View Full Version : New car advice

neogenesis
12-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone, hoping to get some recommendations. Got a new 2018 Audi Q7 for the wife. It has the luxury package which includes upgraded leather and alcantera headliner. Any suggestions for products to keep this very nice leather clean and safe? Is it really any different from a maintenance standpoint than normal car leather? And what about the alcantera? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

LSNAutoDetailing
12-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Lots of good leather cleaners, I use pinnacle leather cleaner, however there is only one dedicated alcantara cleaner (that I know of) and that is Sonax upholstery and Alcantara cleaner.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Rsurfer
12-31-2017, 05:23 PM
Vacuum and wipe will a damp cotton towel weekly and you won't need any leather cleaners as it is coated. Your Alcantara can be cleaned with Sonax. Don't know if there's a protectant for Alcantara.

Eldorado2k
12-31-2017, 05:55 PM
It’s headliner, in a normL world there should never be a need to touch it, because normL people never touch the headliner. Lol.

Eldorado2k
12-31-2017, 05:57 PM
For the interior, you can use something like this for weekly wipedowns with a microfiber towel. It’ll work better than plain water.

https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-fast-interior-detail.html

Another great thing you can do is buy a quality wheel & tire cleaner to keep your wheels fresh and clean from the start. Clean wheels make a big difference on the overal appearance of a vehicle.

neogenesis
12-31-2017, 05:58 PM
It’s headliner, in a normL world there should never be a need to touch it, because normL people never touch the headliner. Lol.

Tell that to my children [emoji23]

Eldorado2k
12-31-2017, 06:02 PM
Tell that to my children [emoji23]

Handcuffs. Lol.

neogenesis
12-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Handcuffs. Lol.

My lawyer says I’m not allowed to that anymore

neogenesis
12-31-2017, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the replies all.

pcford
12-31-2017, 08:25 PM
The alcantara headliner is pretty easy, if you don't smoke or have kids putting their grubby paws on it, the only cleaning chemical you will normally need is water. A couple times a year, brush it with a horse hair brush, vacuum it with a vented drape attachment, and gently wipe it down with a damp white lint free cotton terry towel cloth.

Eldorado2k
12-31-2017, 08:33 PM
The alcantara headliner is pretty easy, if you don't smoke or have kids putting their grubby paws on it, the only cleaning chemical you will normally need is water. A couple times a year, brush it with a horse hair brush, vacuum it with a vented drape attachment, and gently wipe it down with a damp white lint free cotton terry towel cloth.

If it was me I’d do absolutely nothing to it, ever.
Brushing it or unnecessarily wiping it down risks altering the original new look. And you better make sure that vacuum attachment is perfectly clean or else that could backfire as well. I dunno maybe it’s just me but when it comes to headliner, if it aint broke don’t fix it.

Bill1234
12-31-2017, 09:08 PM
For leather cleaning I use something similar to the horsehair parts brush you see combined with lexol or simple green at 10:1 dilution. For protection, I use 303 aerospace. I have not worked with alcantara but you might be a able to clean it and then scotchguard it.

Do not let the dealer do detail work. Often its a complete nightmare

Rsurfer
12-31-2017, 09:17 PM
For leather cleaning I use something similar to the horsehair parts brush you see combined with lexol or simple green at 10:1 dilution. For protection, I use 303 aerospace. I have not worked with alcantara but you might be a able to clean it and then scotchguard it.

Do not let the dealer do detail work. Often its a complete nightmare

Help, Simple Green for interior cleaning!!!

Eldorado2k
01-01-2018, 01:48 AM
For leather cleaning I use something similar to the horsehair parts brush you see

I don’t see any brush... What are you talking about?
Simple Green for cleaning leather in a brand new Audi?

What’s up with that post? Lol.