PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys APC on carpet ?

Pages : [1] 2

01AUDI
12-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Can i use their APC on carpet for mild cleaning ? I don't need to deep clean but I thought I would spray some down and shop vac up any remaining dirt. I had read somewhere that APC's leave some film or residue and don't want to leave anything behind. I would use a carpet brush to agitate before using the shop vac.

GSKR
12-30-2017, 07:32 PM
You can but I wouldn't.Just go to home Depot to buy a no rinse carpet cleaner or a gallon of folex.

yakky
12-30-2017, 07:49 PM
HDX carpet cleaner is like $8 a gallon and works well. Why waste expensive APC.

Eldorado2k
12-30-2017, 07:59 PM
How about Poorboys Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner? Is it anything special? Debating on it and or their Enzyme Cleaner.

01AUDI
12-30-2017, 09:36 PM
What about more of a "rejuvenator" .. I don't have stains I want to treat, more wanting to get some color back in the faded black carpets.

Eldorado2k
12-30-2017, 09:41 PM
What about more of a "rejuvenator" .. I don't have stains I want to treat, more wanting to get some color back in the faded black carpets.

Are you sure you’ve got the carpet 100% clean and free of dirt & sand? Towel mops up nothing at all? Because you can’t hope for more until you’ve reached that level of clean 1st.

01AUDI
12-30-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm sure it's not perfect, right now I have a can of Turtle Wax Upholstery cleaner. I shop vac the carpet, use the cleaner and then shop vac whatever it lifted up. I was going to use the shop vac and then use the hose attachment om the carpet cleaner on the carpets next time, so I was assuming that would clean it to where it needed to be. Then hopefully I can find a good product to clean / rejuvenate and protect from there on. I should have started with explaining that process.

ShinyRex
12-30-2017, 09:52 PM
How about Poorboys Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner? Is it anything special? Debating on it and or their Enzyme Cleaner.While I love Poorboys products, their enzyme cleaner didn't do it for me, I seem to have better luck with Nature's Miracle from the pet section. I was trying to clean cat piss off of running shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
12-30-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm sure it's not perfect, right now I have a can of Turtle Wax Upholstery cleaner. I shop vac the carpet, use the cleaner and then shop vac whatever it lifted up. I was going to use the shop vac and then use the hose attachment om the carpet cleaner on the carpets next time, so I was assuming that would clean it to where it needed to be. Then hopefully I can find a good product to clean / rejuvenate and protect from there on. I should have started with explaining that process.

I find that using white cotton terry towels for mopping up as a final step is a good way to indicate if you’re fully clean. It sometimes takes several times to reach completely clean.

Eldorado2k
12-30-2017, 10:14 PM
While I love Poorboys products, their enzyme cleaner didn't do it for me, I seem to have better luck with Nature's Miracle from the pet section. I was trying to clean cat piss off of running shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.
How do these enzyme cleaners do against bodily fluid such as sweat? I once had to detail a personal trainers vehicle and it was a long battle using APC. I’m wondering if an enzyme type cleaner would’ve been more ideal?
I think I’ll pass on the Poorboys though, thx for the heads up.

01AUDI
01-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Anyone ever try Chemical Guys Fabric Clean ??
Chemical Guys - Fabric Clean-Heavy Duty Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo/Odor Eliminator (16 oz) (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Fabric_Clean_Carpet_Upholstery_Shampoo_16_oz_p/cws_103_16.htm)

Their description shows a black carpet that was old and faded, now looks perfect. I doubt this could really do that, but it seems like what I am going for if it just does a little rejuvenating. Any thoughts or better recommendation ?

The Guz
01-01-2018, 02:25 PM
This works great from optimum.

https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-carpet-cleaner.html

https://www.autogeek.net/carpet-cleaner-protector.html

01AUDI
01-01-2018, 05:04 PM
This works great from optimum.

https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-carpet-cleaner.html

https://www.autogeek.net/carpet-cleaner-protector.html

I looked at that and if I read it right, it looks to be more of a protector with some cleaning ability ? I don't much care for the ability to repel water. My carpet is black so you don't really see stains, which most of the cleaners i see are "spot cleaners". I have wear from sand, dirt, mud, etc. that I do want some mild cleaning but want to brighten and bring the life back to the black carpet so i want to use it all throughout the carpet.

The Guz
01-01-2018, 07:54 PM
I looked at that and if I read it right, it looks to be more of a protector with some cleaning ability ? I don't much care for the ability to repel water. My carpet is black so you don't really see stains, which most of the cleaners i see are "spot cleaners". I have wear from sand, dirt, mud, etc. that I do want some mild cleaning but want to brighten and bring the life back to the black carpet so i want to use it all throughout the carpet.

It doesn't leave that kind of protection behind like scotchgaurd. It cleans really well and it will leave polymers behind on the carpet to make future cleanings easier by not allowing dirt to stick to the fibers. It can be diluted down as well. Really great product. Try out the small bottle first.

01AUDI
01-01-2018, 08:33 PM
OK thanks Guz, its hard for us new people to understand how a product works compared to others when we are so new and haven't tried many, or any, high end products before. I appreciate the help.
Would you recommend using my APC before hand the first time along with Optimum after, and then only use Optimum going forward. Or just use Optimum only ?
And how far will 8oz last? That's the size of the small bottle