PDA

View Full Version : Enter to win Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

joe061990
12-30-2017, 11:55 AM
Am a member of this site and I like how everyone helps each other out and when I have questions you help me out right away
and I want to give back to the site and give 1 Free Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax 3 oz. Mini

How to win tell me what got you in to detailing
Winner will be picked on 1/6/2018

willowcat11
12-30-2017, 12:22 PM
That is really Cool that you would do something like that Joe061990! And an Awesome product at that!

Hammer77
12-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Very nice of you Joel!

Kamakaz1961
12-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Way cool bud! Keep on Rocking! Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, I am just a hobbyist! But either way awesome prize!

PCDetailer
01-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Very Generous of you Joe. Here's my story: When I was 18 and in college, a friend of mine started a detail shop that was in the same building as his friend's body shop. He needed help and I already worked at a car wash, so I agreed to help. He got connected with a local GM dealer and we had a pretty steady flow of used cars to detail. I think we did a interior cleaning, engine cleaning, wash and wax for about $35 or $40 per car. This was in 1991-92. My friend ended up leaving for another job and I took over the detail business myself. I made some money and learned that detailing was hard work, but it was rewarding because you could see results, even as a novice. I was using polisher (not orbital) on some pretty rough cars and I did achieve some results, but nobody every really showed me the proper method of machine polishing. I ran the business until the body shop owner decided to move out of state, so I lost my building. I was just about done with Jr. College, so no big deal. I moved out of state to finish college, got a job, had kids, etc. A few years ago, I got interested in detailing again. Somehow I stumbled across AutoGeek, and started watching Mike Phillips' videos. I realized that I had never really understood the correct way to wash, polish or wax a car. I think I've seen the majority of the videos on the sight. Now I use a two bucket wash system, clay, polish, wax correctly and use a PC 7424 with ease. I have a boat now and and getting into proper car of gel coats. Detailing is just a hobby for me now, but I think it will be a lifelong passion. I have learned so much for Mike and from so many others on this forum. I wish much success to you in your detailing endeavors! I have never used Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, but I really hope to try it soon :)
Jeff

gti14
01-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Simple - I bought a black car.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Loser
01-04-2018, 11:51 AM
I've always taken good care of my vehicles and just washed them regularly. A few years back I stumbled across Larry Kosilla's early detailing videos and learned everything I did was wrong and a whole new level of obsession opened up to me. Soon after I found detailing forums and communities like this and a new full-blown hobby was born. Hours and hours of reading, watching videos, and studying what others used lead to a cabinet full of products, a garage redone to accommodate better lighting and tools, and friends and neighbors wondering why my 10 year old car looks better than the day it was built. I haven't stopped learning since.

Stormin08
01-04-2018, 01:37 PM
1993 bought a 1978 Ford Bronco (65,000 miles), it was a 6" lifted on 38" tire monster.I was a mere 15 yrs of age. It was someone else weekend show truck ( orange and copper, KC lights and a lot of chrome). religiously I washed and waxed, but always hated the swirls...asked a few body guys and started rubbing (blindly I might add). That led to a 66 Buick GS 400 ( My father and I restored), and currently several custom choppers, and a 70 buick GS 455.

I never did the burger flipping, always dealership porter or car care centers (full service carwashes) ect.

What has always drove me to perfection is the tailgate view of a TRUCK...if it is perfect, the rest must be taken care of. I hate looking at or having a swirled tailgate view.

recently ( last year or so), I found auto geek as I wanted to get back to detailing on the side...it has just about become a need to find a commercial building and go full time. I currently have my next 2 months booked with vehicles. I work with a lot of traveling contractors that don't have all necessary to clean nor care for their investments. So, this is where I came in...in the last several months I have had everything from boats, bikes, LIFTED trucks, Lifted Duallys and even 2 boats and a couple European exotics (learning curve, and site info)..I am always trying (offering a slight discount) different products with the explanation of such. to date, no one has been unhappy (most just see the shine and fell the slickness), but I watch closely and also try different techniques and what not.

I even have several loose body panels (various makes) that I do trials, scratch repair and the like.

joe061990
01-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Winner has been picked

WaxMaster1
01-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Drumroll.

FUNX650
01-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Winner has been picked

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BraveGorgeousBasenji-size_restricted.gif

PCDetailer
01-07-2018, 09:09 PM
And the winner is....????

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Eldorado2k
01-23-2018, 03:34 AM
So who won[emoji780]Boo...

kc0sco
12-10-2018, 10:09 PM
How nice Wolfgang is awesome.
Who ever when this please post your car back on here please.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)