PDA

View Full Version : Another Fresh Paint Wax/Coating Question...

maximus5403
12-29-2017, 10:51 AM
My 2018 Raptor was hit by a deer and they replaced the drivers door and fender. It was painted a week ago and the body shop told me they use the "highest solids clear available" and they use a heated booth, so I can go ahead an wax now if I wanted. They are a PPG shop if that matters. I know most say to wait 4 - 6 weeks, but my truck is a swirled up mess and I don't want to polish it out without protecting it. Does what they say make sense as far as being able to wax now or should I just wait the 4 - 6 weeks like usual?

TTQ B4U
12-29-2017, 11:21 AM
My 2018 Raptor was hit by a deer and they replaced the drivers door and fender. It was painted a week ago and the body shop told me they use the "highest solids clear available" and they use a heated booth, so I can go ahead an wax now if I wanted. They are a PPG shop if that matters. I know most say to wait 4 - 6 weeks, but my truck is a swirled up mess and I don't want to polish it out without protecting it. Does what they say make sense as far as being able to wax now or should I just wait the 4 - 6 weeks like usual?

You can compound/polish where needed to correct the vehicle anytime. The key to letting it gas off is to avoid any Silicon sealants or waxes or products that contain silicon. Meg's perfect finish is a nice detail spray and HD 505 is an excellent AIO that is safe too.

FUNX650
12-29-2017, 03:05 PM
If you’re wanting to wait a little while
longer to apply a paint “sealer” (than
what the paint/body-shop Technician
suggested); then, upon completion of
your correction processes/steps: the
below product would be ideal for your
situation, IMO.

https://www.autogeek.net/megiuars-m305-16.html

Bob

The Guz
12-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Optimum Car Wax and ONR are also safe for fresh paint.