PDA

View Full Version : DG is the same as

Pages : [1] 2

_M_
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Zainoooo! im sure this has been discussed here before but i honestly searched through about 40 threads and couldnt find anything, maybe my search parameters were bad???:work:

anyway it is a discussion taking place on another board and i find it pretty interesting for a relative noob to all the various relabling that goes on with detail products.

any opinions here as to this being a possibility??

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Not sure threads like this fly well here on Autogeek.;)
But if you want my unbiased opinion, they absolutely are NOT the same.

_M_
01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
mods can remove it if they wish, incase i overstepped any boundaries.

i have to say some eerie similarities though

pirex
01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
hmmmmmm

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
The similarities are uncanny...

Why would this not be allowed??

AG carries DG......

phillystyle
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
i have and use both
they are both excellent but NOT the sameIm the MAN

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
The similarities are uncanny...

Why would this not be allowed??

AG carries DG......

Not saying it isn't allowed. Just usually, threads like these get out of hand rather quickly. (don't know why) AG likes to keep things civil. If no one chimes in flaming everyone, it should be fine.
Just stating what I usually see...

-Chris

_M_
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
hopefully everybody remains civil...its just car care products:eek:

i may have to use the 15% off to order some DG and check for myself but those who say its NOT the same, why not FCS=Z6, AW=Z8

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
you should talk to AL-53. He is the DG guru in my book.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-24-2008, 07:19 AM
i have and use both
they are both excellent but NOT the sameIm the MAN

And your statement is based on what?

Color & sent can all be modifed....

blk45
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't use Z, but just thinking out loud.....if they are the same, how come Z is so finicky and seems to only work best with itself, where as DG (that I do use) works with pretty much any and every thing? IF they are the same, some people are getting robbed for Z.

jaredpointer
01-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I've used both brands, and get seemingly different results with certain products that are "comparable." Maybe it's just personal perception. Though everytime I see these type threads, I just kinda think to myself, what difference does it really make. It's really not a "secretive" business practice as people make it out to be - lots of "brands" are made by one manufacturer. It's a pretty common business practice.

_M_
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I don't use Z, but just thinking out loud.....if they are the same, how come Z is so finicky and seems to only work best with itself, where as DG (that I do use) works with pretty much any and every thing? IF they are the same, some people are getting robbed for Z.

what won't zaino work with compared to dg?

Surfer
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Not the same, each has their own chemist and products, actually if I recall both DG owners are the chemist themselves.

blk45
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
There is actually a thread on Topia right now about this.