PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose best OBD II scanner.

supercharged
12-23-2017, 10:56 PM
I need a scanner that works on German, Japanese and domestic. This will be for advanced home use, not a shop. Need to be able to register "new battery" on German cars, as well as reset air bag light. Don't need a professional dealer scanner for $3k, something under $400. Was looking @ Bosch OBD 1300 as I like that it shows possible fixes, but I'm new to scanners. Must have software updates that works with MAC, as I gave up on Microsoft PC's...I don't want a $30 Harbor Freight tool, or those wireless plugs that connect to your phone. What do you guys use and how do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

amalik
12-31-2017, 03:47 PM
I need a scanner that works on German, Japanese and domestic. This will be for advanced home use, not a shop. Need to be able to register "new battery" on German cars, as well as reset air bag light. Don't need a professional dealer scanner for $3k, something under $400. Was looking @ Bosch OBD 1300 as I like that it shows possible fixes, but I'm new to scanners. Must have software updates that works with MAC, as I gave up on Microsoft PC's...I don't want a $30 Harbor Freight tool, or those wireless plugs that connect to your phone. What do you guys use and how do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I'd recommend posting on other sites for this Q that are not dedicated to auto detail. i.e. reddit subs, i can ping you a few good ones full of mechanics.

supercharged
01-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Hey,

I'd recommend posting on other sites for this Q that are not dedicated to auto detail. i.e. reddit subs, i can ping you a few good ones full of mechanics.
Please PM those to me. Thanks.