PDA

View Full Version : Question about Carpro Hydrofoam dilution ratio

Eldorado2k
12-23-2017, 07:14 PM
The AG product description recommends a dilution of 1:9. I find that hard to believe if someone were to want to do a bucket wash with it.. 38oz. of concentrate + 345oz. of water.

So what’s the real dilution ratio for this product for a normL bucket wash? And does this product really leave a hydrophobic layer when used standalone without a pressure washer? I’d like to hear from people who have used it this way. Thanks.

WillSports3
12-23-2017, 10:04 PM
If no foam cannon, do 1 to 9 in a spray bottle. Spray onto mitt and surface, wash, then rinse panel by panel.

Eldorado2k
12-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Thanks, that makes more sense. Would you say it works better to do this after the car has just been washed with another soap? Or would you do that to a dirty car?

fly07sti
12-24-2017, 01:08 AM
I typically use in a foam cannon. Although sometimes when I'm mobile I will just bring my kwazar foamer and use that. Can also wash by putting some soap directly on mitt and hit a couple panels. Yes it leaves legitimate protection behind, even when using a regular hose nozzle.

MattPersman
12-24-2017, 10:48 AM
Yes wash with reset if very dirty. And really follow with a clay mit or something during the wash then the hydro foam. All depends how much longevity and or protection you want.

You can just skip it all and use the hydrofoam but obviously if there are contaminates then it won’t be quite as strong of a bond as bare paint

It starts making you think it’s a pointless product if you have to wash, clay then rewash with this product

It’s more of a maintenance product or a lazy lsp if you aren’t a “hardcore every possible bit of contamination is gone” before applying the lsp type of person

Great for daily drivers or wash and “wax” cheap jobs that you want real protection for a short duration. Works good on wheels too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickles
12-24-2017, 12:48 PM
How long is Hydro supposed to last?

WillSports3
12-24-2017, 01:16 PM
My suggestion is to wash it first with a good solid cheap wash with no gloss enhancers in it, then after the wash, rinse the car and then use the hydrofoam dilution as a clay lube for each panel. That way you can clay, rinse it off so its been clayed and protected, and then move on to the next panel. I believe the 1 to 9 dilution is the recommended one for the rough durability of the protection. Now mind you if your car is already coated, you can probably get away with less since all you need to do is to restore a tiny bit of the SiO2 to the coating surface versus 1 to 9 which is the "full strength" dilution of hydrofoam.