PDA

View Full Version : how much in foam cannon ?

01AUDI
12-22-2017, 02:33 PM
How do i calculate how much concentrate to add to my foam cannon ? Right now I am using the rest of my Megs Gold Wash and the plastic bottle is 1 liter.

fightnews
12-22-2017, 03:08 PM
You calculate it buy seeing if you are getting enough foam. If not add more soap. I find if you go 3 times what the directions say you get good foam.

01AUDI
12-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks but it was a knockoff amazon one. No instructions at all.
Is 1oz enough or should I do more? I just need a starting point. One review said they did half the bottle with soap, although that would definitely give you suds I find that quite excessive.

Calendyr
12-22-2017, 03:50 PM
It depends on two things:

1. What shampoo are you using.
2. What pressure is your power washer

So. For normal shampoos like Meguiar's Gold class or similar, 2 to 3 onces per for 10 ounces of water seems to be the sweet spot. Try with your setup and see if the foam is to your satisfaction. For premium shampoos like Chemical Guys Honeydew, you can cut it half and put 1 to 1.5 ounces per 10 ounces of water for the same amount of foam.

The pressure washer influence your result. The more powerful the power washer is, better will the foam be. So if you have a 2500 PSI powewasher vs a 1500 PSI one, you will get more foam. This is why you need to experiment and adjust how much product to use.

01AUDI
12-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Great, thanks. I'll try 2oz and go from there. Not sure what that one person was using half a bottle.. Maybe he had some old stuff he was trying g to get rid of! Ha

VISITOR
12-22-2017, 05:24 PM
to start try using 3 ounces of car wash and slowly add warm water to top it off...