PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating - Diamond Plate by Simoniz

Pages : [1] 2

davidlg16
12-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Anyone heard of this one?

I wanted opticoat pro+, but detailer didn't have it, so I ended up with this applied for about $500, supposedly have 2yr warranty.
will see how long it lasts, if anything will likely prep/recoat next time with opticoat pro

Thanks
David

DaveT435
12-22-2017, 02:29 PM
There have been a few posts about this in the last year or so. From what I gather it's a descent ceramic coating, nothing really special. They rely on the name to sell it, that name has been associated with car care for decades.

Paul A.
12-22-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm guessing, with everything out now, they'll ( company name) never be used again as a verb like in the old days... "just had her Simonized!".

David, are you happy with the look and feel of their coating? Time will tell on the durability.

Cruzscarwash
12-22-2017, 03:17 PM

I wanted opticoat pro+, but detailer didn't have it, so I ended up with this applied for about $500, supposedly have 2yr warranty.
will see how long it lasts, if anything will likely prep/recoat next time with opticoat pro

Thanks
David

where in SoCal are you ?

yakky
12-22-2017, 06:21 PM
I can't imagine it would be hard to find an opticoat dealer in CA. OP, sounds like you got hasty.

Klasse Act
12-22-2017, 08:15 PM
"Simonize it" as a verb, good call, just like "Armor All" the tires[emoji362]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

davidlg16
12-22-2017, 10:12 PM
I do like how it looks and feels, just dont know the durability.

I'm located in Palm Springs, CA. There is another detailer closeby who does do Opticoat pro, but I only had 1 day free and I made an appt with this detailer already, so I went with it.

I am not aware Simoniz is that big of a name back in the days, will see how this holds

Cruzscarwash
12-22-2017, 10:37 PM
I do like how it looks and feels, just dont know the durability.

I'm located in Palm Springs, CA. There is another detailer closeby who does do Opticoat pro, but I only had 1 day free and I made an appt with this detailer already, so I went with it.

I am not aware Simoniz is that big of a name back in the days, will see how this holdsLol, there's a forum member here who coats in plam springs and myself.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GBX
03-25-2019, 05:09 AM

Thanks
David

Considering this coating as well. Curious to hear how it’s held up over the last year and a half. Thanks!

RTexasF
03-25-2019, 08:45 AM
I am not aware Simoniz is that big of a name back in the days, will see how this holds

I'll soon be 70 years of age and I remember helping my father "Simoniz" our 50's era Chevy. That name has been around for quite some time. Back then it was damn near impossible to remove once applied.....serious elbow grease required. Of course when you slather it on like Crisco lard it doesn't help.

Larry A
03-25-2019, 07:47 PM
Simonize paste came out in 1910 . motorist wise simonize was the slogan. It wasent that hard if you put it on a small area , and wipe it fast.

Coatingsarecrack
03-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Looks to be a 20-25$ a bottle on eBay and Amazon. Pretty cheap for a coating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgavin1985
03-26-2019, 04:53 AM
Diamond plate is there newest offering the previous version was called “glass coat” I use it a few time people pirated on eBay it was only lasting 6 months it did not have the legs but I’ve never used diamond plate

Coatingsarecrack
03-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Diamond plate is there newest offering the previous version was called “glass coat” I use it a few time people pirated on eBay it was only lasting 6 months it did not have the legs but I’ve never used diamond plate

Your right.... all that stuff is glass coat. Diamond plate 80$ for 60ml. Videos says it has 2 year guarantee....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddsski
06-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Closest thread I could find to the intended topic.

Simoniz Glass Coat applied at the dealership on a new vehicle. The maserati to be exact. First time I have ever done this. Supposedly has a 5 year warranty. Not super happy with the prep that was done underneath it as car had been on the lot quite a bit of time. Are there any special do's and don't to consider when detailing over the top of this stuff? If you detail over it, how can there ever be any issues with the warranty? etc I feel like if I do a proper 3 step detail to fine tune surfaces, I will basically be removing this product?? Knowing what I have learned in the past few months, I will probably never waste this money again as many of the new SiO2 coatings are far superior. Live and learn!