PDA

View Full Version : Question on what I should do here.

Bill1234
12-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Our family picked up a new escape lease and I do have access to ONR. I was thinking I could do an ONR wash with a mitt but I think the dealer put some prep stuff on it. Feels slick enough. I was wondering what people think I could do to work more on decontaminating the paint while making sure it can be ready for an application of collinite 476s. I would probably want to strip the dealer prep but I dont know how to do so when I dont really have a dilution thing ready such as an apc wash mix or car soap as it is too cold out.

Im thinking I just wait it out then do it once it warms up as an option.

DogRescuer
12-19-2017, 05:56 PM
I'd hold off and pkan the best way of attack for the spring.

TMQ
12-19-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm with dog...wait awhile.

No rush---take advantage of the dealer's prep stuff till weather is nicer.

Tom

PaulMys
12-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Agreed on waiting until spring.

Meanwhile, shop AGO and stock up!! :buffing:

pcford
12-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Weather permitting, I'd put the 476 on top of the whatever the dealer used.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that whatever the dealer used will be gone in less than a month. The 476 on the dealer prep may not be as good as 476 on clean paint, but it'll be better than just dealer prep. You may not get very far ahead, but you probably won't fall as far behind when it comes to doing your paint prep in the spring.

Bill1234
12-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Agreed on waiting until spring.

Meanwhile, shop AGO and stock up!! :buffing:

Just bought the wheel brighter bottle from meguiars and am pretty stocked now. I filled the 70 dollar hdx home depot cabinet with supplies plus more.

JCDetails
12-19-2017, 10:25 PM
A good wash and paint prep wipe down will likely get rid of whatever oily silicone nonsense that dealer put on. Then apply whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

TTQ B4U
12-19-2017, 10:26 PM
I'll go the opposite direction but it all depends on your environment. If you have good lighting and heat and a decent size work space, attack it now. Chances are you won't need to do much in the way of decontamination but that is easy enough to see/test.

I'd attack it now and give it some good protection to take you through winter.