PDA

View Full Version : Calling Jeep Owners

Pages : [1] 2 3

tony58
12-19-2017, 04:21 PM
I've got Jeep fever.Got a few questions for ya'll.I'm interested in the later model Wranglers,say 2005 to 2018.Main question is ,are Jeep's considered high maintenance vehicles?I will do 0 off road stuff.Mainly errands,grocery getter going to cruise ins etc.I like both 2 and 4 door,auto trans.
Thanks

Mike Phillips
12-19-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm looking to get a Jeep too...

:)

PaulMys
12-19-2017, 06:25 PM
My wife has an '08 JK and I am certain she will never own another type of vehicle.

And, since there are literally thousands of add-ons and aftermarket parts, my Christmas shopping is easy as hell now! Lol

As far as "high maintenance", no. Never had to do a thing to the JK other than routine upkeep, brakes, new battery, etc.

And the thing is a little tractor in deep snow. She LOVES it.

JustJesus
12-19-2017, 06:29 PM
The old inline 6 engines were built tough. A mechanic told me the newer V6 Penstar (sp?) engines aren't. He did mention an issue with valves "falling"

PaulMys
12-19-2017, 06:34 PM
The old inline 6 engines were built tough. A mechanic told me the newer V6 Penstar (sp?) engines aren't. He did mention an issue with valves "falling"

My buddy bought a brand new JK with the Pentastar V6 in '14. He has over 35,000 trouble-free miles on it.

DETAILROOKIE
12-19-2017, 06:37 PM
We just purchased a 2017 JEEP Wrangler umlimited and the first thing I noticed is when you buy a Wrangler you automatically are a part of a special JEEP community. It is a great community to be a part of and you will see there is a special wave when you pass one another. Sorry for the side note.

To answer your question, Jeep Wranglers are great vehicles and relatively low maintenance if you dont go crazy with add ons. I've read a lot of Jeep owners complain about the 2011 year model, but nothing major since then. We also have a 1995 YJ and has been problem free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

tony58
12-19-2017, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=DETAILROOKIE;1546070]We just purchased a 2017 JEEP Wrangler umlimited and the first thing I noticed is when you buy a Wrangler you automatically are a part of a special JEEP community. It is a great community to be a part of and you will see there is a special wave when you pass one another. Sorry for the side note.

To answer your question, Jeep Wranglers are great vehicles and relatively low maintenance if you dont go crazy with add ons. I've read a lot of Jeep owners complain about the 2011 year model, but nothing major since then. We also have a 1995 YJ and has been problem free.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats great about the wave.I have a Corvette and we do the wave also.Sounds like from the replys they are pretty bullet proof .
Thanks

DETAILROOKIE
12-19-2017, 06:55 PM
If you are looking to get one soon, they have great deals on now because the JL model just came out and they want to get rid of the leftover JKs.

I would love to be a part of the Vette community! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

tony58
12-19-2017, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=DETAILROOKIE;1546075]If you are looking to get one soon, they have great deals on now because the JL model just came out and they want to get rid of the leftover JKs.

I would love to be a part of the Vette community! Lol

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

The C4's (1984-1996)are DIRT cheap...

DETAILROOKIE
12-19-2017, 08:12 PM
I wish, but I will have to wait until my kids are grown up and out of daycare. Lol plus I just purchased an 81 Trans Am Bandit, my wife would put me in the dog house permanently if I get another sports car.

When I do get one, I will let you know so you can teach me the ropes!

Btw is the Grand Sport on your icon your car?

pickles
12-19-2017, 08:17 PM
My buddy bought a brand new JK with the Pentastar V6 in '14. He has over 35,000 trouble-free miles on it.

I believe it was 2011 when they started using the same pentastar V6 engines that are in the Jeep Grand Cherokees.

FUNX650
12-19-2017, 08:45 PM
“The Good Wife” is a Jeep Girl.
Her 2008 has >128,000 miles.

Besides normal maintenance like
oil/filters, tires, batteries, etc....
only a water pump replacement
in 10 years. :dblthumb2:

She’s now wanting to get the new
JT when it hits the dealerships:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/6F85CCF1-A56B-4F1C-9416-86A65A51F931.jpeg

Bob

Mantilgh
12-19-2017, 08:46 PM
I’ve always thought Jeeps were cool, but I’ve never be a fan of detailing the exterior of them.

One nice thing is they have very flat panels, but then you’ve got the all the things that stick out from them like the all the hinges, the hood latches, taillights, and what not.

My Brother In Law just traded theirs in on a new 4Runner but I haven’t had chance to ask why.

I’m guessing it was a space/storage issue since he coaches a lot and previously had a Tacoma to throw all of his gear in.

I’ll ask at Christmas when I see him if there was anything in particular that made him get rid of it.

How’s the road noise on the newer ones?

tony58
12-19-2017, 10:36 PM
I wish, but I will have to wait until my kids are grown up and out of daycare. Lol plus I just purchased an 81 Trans Am Bandit, my wife would put me in the dog house permanently if I get another sports car.

When I do get one, I will let you know so you can teach me the ropes!

Btw is the Grand Sport on your icon your car?

The "Bandit" is a good one to have.Yes,that is #726 1996 Grand Sport.Thats why I'm looking for a jeep,to save miles on the GS...

DETAILROOKIE
12-19-2017, 11:47 PM
The "Bandit" is a good one to have.Yes,that is #726 1996 Grand Sport.Thats why I'm looking for a jeep,to save miles on the GS...
Beautiful car! You will no be disappointed with the Jeep. We opted for the hardtop to help with wind noise, but I have read that they have really worked on the soft top to reduce wind noise, so you should be good with both. Post pics if you decide to buy one!