PDA

View Full Version : How to clean vinyl convertible top without hose

gt_nfr
01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I just realized that I can't use my 303 vinyl cleaner and protectant to clean my top this weekend because I don't have a hose. I was planning on cleaning the car with ONR and a bucket, how would I clean the top though? Should I just scrub in vinyl cleaner and dump buckets if water on top to rinse??

Jimmie
01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Had to read about this one since I haven't used it. The site said that it's a wipe off (plus application tip: agitate with brush). I'd ONR the whole car, top down. Then go back over the top with your 303 products.

gt_nfr
01-23-2008, 01:30 PM
The convertible top cleaner, isn't wipe off product...I should have been more clear. The 303 cleaner is used for cleaning and must be rinsed off. I guess my only no-hose options are:
1) Scrub with 303 and rinse with bucket
2)Clean with Optimum No Rinse

What do you guys suggest? Anyone used optimum on convertible tops?

Jimmie
01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
The convertible top cleaner, isn't wipe off product...I should have been more clear. The 303 cleaner is used for cleaning and must be rinsed off. I guess my only no-hose options are:
1) Scrub with 303 and rinse with bucket
2)Clean with Optimum No Rinse

What do you guys suggest? Anyone used optimum on convertible tops?

Are you sure? You've got the bottle with directions but below is from the site.

303 Convertible Top Cleaner utilizes a unique "colloidal" action to lift and suspend oil, grease, and dirt so that it easily wipes away.

gt_nfr
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Are you sure? You've got the bottle with directions but below is from the site.

Hey Jimmie,
First of, thanks for taking you time to help. It makes it sound like that on retailer's sites but I think what they mean is that it can be wiped off without excessive scrubbing. (Thats how I understood the instructions on the bottle)

Here is the instructions from the manufacturer's site..which is also on the bottle:
"While the area to be cleaned is still wet, apply 303 Top Cleaner evenly over the entire area. Agitate lightly with a damp soft nylon brush, terry cloth rag or sponge. Rinse thoroughly with clear water until no foam is observed."

The difficult part is rinsing as my apartment has no hose : (

Jimmie
01-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Gotcha. Yeah, I think maybe go with your idea of a rinse bucket and rather than dump it just keep sponging it until rinsed. Either that or run by a coin op car wash and just use plain water. Or are you one of those folks in that zero degree weather.

jesselyons2002
01-25-2008, 06:45 AM
What I use to clean my dads top is Blue magic convertible top cleaner when use with ONR.