View Full Version : Tunnel wash testing with Nissan

Cruzscarwash
12-14-2017, 08:07 AM
So I found this kinda cool

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/12/13/nissan-tiny-carwash-paint-testing/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DBAILEY
12-14-2017, 09:55 AM
They have to know how soft their paint it then. My Nissan truck would be a swirled mess if I took it through the tunnel wash.

pcford
12-14-2017, 10:20 AM
They have to know how soft their paint it then. My Nissan truck would be a swirled mess if I took it through the tunnel wash.

I wouldn't be surprised if they told you with a straight face that swirls aren't paint damage.

dlc95
12-14-2017, 10:26 AM
The catch is that very few washes in the states use bristles, and if they do, they usually don't use enough lubrication.

In the states, soft cloth is probably the most widely used wash media. Cloth is great for holding on to grit - which never gets flushed out of all the cracks and crevices before it enters the brush section.

The newer foam media is starting to catch on. It is great because it operates at lower rpms than bristle, and doesn't he grit like cloth.

MattPersman
12-14-2017, 12:44 PM
That’s awesome.

I don’t know if those are bristles like we think of them. They look like the foam or cloth type that most car washes use now a days. Can’t tell for sure if those are like snow brush bristles or more like foam or cloth fingers.

Wonder if the pressures of the spinning media are similar?

I have thought for a while now before seeing this that Nissan and infinity had some nice paint. Very well factory finished and gloss IMO. Like good enough you could go to any dealer lot and take a pic and someone would ask what lsp you had

Thanks for sharing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBAILEY
12-14-2017, 12:56 PM
The bristles on the Daytona/EZ-Detail wheel brushes are supposed to be the same type of bristles that are used in the car washes.

dlc95
12-14-2017, 01:25 PM
That’s awesome.

I don’t know if those are bristles like we think of them. They look like the foam or cloth type that most car washes use now a days. Can’t tell for sure if those are like snow brush bristles or more like foam or cloth fingers.

Wonder if the pressures of the spinning media are similar?

I have thought for a while now before seeing this that Nissan and infinity had some nice paint. Very well factory finished and gloss IMO. Like good enough you could go to any dealer lot and take a pic and someone would ask what lsp you had

Thanks for sharing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% sure those are the polyetheline bristles.

FUNX650
12-14-2017, 02:05 PM
IMO:
Just another example of superfluous
R&D that unnecessarily increases the
total cost of a vehicle.

Bob