PDA

View Full Version : Detailing VLOG

ChicagoAutoPros
12-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Been working hard on these. Should I keep it going? It's a whole lot of work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFHXlkN_OHI

https://youtu.be/2EoN4uvn5Eo

Pats300zx
12-13-2017, 09:30 AM
I really enjoyed it and I think you should keep doing it. Love your shop set up !!!

ChrisT
12-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Great work! Keep at it.

SWETM
12-13-2017, 12:07 PM
I enjoy looking at your vlog so keep doing them I say :)

And what a great and efficient shop you have!

ChicagoAutoPros
12-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks Everyone!

MirandaAutoSpa
12-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Nice! I really enjoy these detailing VLOGS. It does take a lot of work to these together. I started my own style of VLOGs myself on YouTube and it takes planning and making sure the shots look good and show your work off the way you want it to.
Nice job, keep them up!

MirandaAutoSpa
12-13-2017, 09:07 PM
What camera gear are you using?

Rtrick87
12-14-2017, 04:14 AM
Subbed!

MikeC78
12-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Very nice! Now, time to get rid of that Toro leaf blower and invest in a Master Blaster! ;)

Paul A.
12-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Jason, I've subscribed to your VLOG and enjoy them very much. They are well done and because of that don't doubt they're time consuming.

Having said that and at the risk of p'ing off some others here I will offer my perspective.

My approach would be to assess how they contribute to the business. That may be nebulous and difficult to evaluate. Are they posted up for other detailers benefit? That is, do any potential customers see them or are even aware of them? I would think so as they're available to anyone wiff a computin' machine and access to the interwebbie thing BUT are they marketed to a wide audience in the Greater Chicagoland area to advertise your business?

Basically is the effort to create them and post them worth an increase in sales?

Like I said earlier, I absolutely love them and I think other detailers do too. I would hate to have you abandon this work however thinking of you and your business...are they worth the effort? (I hope so).

Just my honest and genuine "business" perspective. Looks like you guys are slamming it up there and that's great to see! I wish you all the best.

zmcgovern45
12-14-2017, 12:44 PM
This was a project I had hoped to start for years and never got around to it due to the time it takes to do it properly. Well done!

TMQ
12-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Love it...And very nice set-up there too.

It is a lot of work to make videos but the pay off is great if you have it on social forums.

What you can do to make it easier on yourself is to make shorter 2 -3 minute videos. Break it up into specific topics, ie: proper washing, care for wheels, cleaning glass, waterless techniques etc. etc...The list could be endless. These videos would be better suited on facebook etc...

Very good job on those videos. That makes me want you to do my cars!! lol...

Tom