PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a personalized plate

Pages : [1] 2

TTQ B4U
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
I usually do a personalized plate but am still up in the air about what I want. I am a regular track-guy and my screen name is from the mid 90's when I ran L67 Grand Prix's and when stock I had a Mustang Guy say "that's a pretty quick grand prix" hence PDQ GP. I've had all kinds of others but recently with my S4 I did PDQ S4 since she ran low 11's.
Now however, I'm considering a number of things. Please feel free to review them and even suggest others. Thanks in advance, have fun but please keep it clean http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

Here are a few that I've mocked up (http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/plates)via our BMV website in Ohio

FUNX650
12-13-2017, 12:25 AM
I am a regular track-guy...

Conflux (Con•flu•x)...[kon-floo-uhns]
Definition: Concourse

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/306D58B7-99F4-42AF-A432-92CA75AC5BF6.jpeg

Bob

panthershark
12-13-2017, 06:37 AM
HydrPhbc; Beads; MrBeads;Coat Dr; to name some quick one will add more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEDetailing
12-13-2017, 07:05 AM
D e t a 1 l r

LEDetailing
12-13-2017, 07:12 AM
BTW, did you change your screen name?

What does TTQ 4BU mean? Twin Turbo Q?

oneheadlite
12-13-2017, 07:14 AM
What?! No more S4? :eek:

What made you decide to part ways with it? Did you sell it private party, or trade it in? I’d hope private party just so the new owner could appreciate what went in to that car.

How’d you land on your Infinity? (Sorry, figure of all threads this is the best one to ask in. :) ). I’ll confess I don’t know anything about them other than that I’ve heard they’re nice.

On topic, my votes for plates would be: GLOSSDR, 2TURBOQ, or U 221 E .

My lame attempts: 2TN HUSL (2 Ton Hustle, though maybe too easily read as tootin...), or LUX N SPD (Luxury and Speed)?
If you stay with coatings, SIO2 WOW

I dunno, I guess there’s a reason I run standard plates... :laughing:

Side note- I didn’t know you could change your username! Just an observation: If you had also changed your avatar, I wouldn’t have guessed this was you. I know your GP days are gone, but I think your PDQGP name was referenced in threads as “you’ve gotta talk to this guy”, or “this guy’s totally doing it right”. And it’s probably because I’m an Audi guy, but I read the new name as “TT Quattro before you”, leaving me expecting a first gen TT in your avatar. :laughing:

Klasse Act
12-13-2017, 08:38 AM
H8 SWRLS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derek0609
12-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Hey, wait a minute, aren't you the guy that's always pontificating about German quality and you bought a Japanese car?? :laughing:
Q50TTV6
QRS 400
Q50 RED
TTV6400
REDSPRT
400REDQ

Nice car by the way!

DMW
12-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Does the Q50 run 11s too?
EASY11S
TURBOQ
ZEROLAG

TTQ B4U
12-13-2017, 10:42 AM
BTW, did you change your screen name? What does TTQ 4BU mean? Twin Turbo Q?

TTQ B4U: Twin Turbo Q (as in Q50S) Before You :)

What?! No more S4? :eek:

What made you decide to part ways with it? Did you sell it private party, or trade it in? I’d hope private party just so the new owner could appreciate what went in to that car.

I traded it. Loved the car but I don't tend to keep them long. The main reason I traded it vs private sale is because that small door accident that occurred in the spring whereby my neighbors kid hit me at low speed caused over $12k in damage. S4's and quality work aren't cheap and I had both doors fully replaced. Work was 100% perfect and I was fine with it, but on a Car-Fax, the buyers walked. I can't say I blame them putting myself in their shoes. On trade, it cost me far less. $1,500 less than I was hoping to get. It was a good deal all-around.

How’d you land on your Infinity? (Sorry, figure of all threads this is the best one to ask in. :) ). I’ll confess I don’t know anything about them other than that I’ve heard they’re nice.

The Q50S checked all the boxes I was looking for and the pricing/value tipped me over the edge. It's a $62k loaded vehicle and it leases out just above what a fully loaded Accord would lease out at. It has a few quirks as they all do but it's a short term lease. Lots of upgrades from the S4 in terms of safety and a few creature comforts.

On topic, my votes for plates would be: GLOSSDR, 2TURBOQ, or U 221 E .

My lame attempts: 2TN HUSL (2 Ton Hustle, though maybe too easily read as tootin...), or LUX N SPD (Luxury and Speed)?
If you stay with coatings, SIO2 WOW

I like GLOSS DR too. My son came up with that one. NBYOND or variations aren't available. That was another top choice here.

Side note- I didn’t know you could change your username! Just an observation: If you had also changed your avatar, I wouldn’t have guessed this was you. I know your GP days are gone, but I think your PDQGP name was referenced in threads as “you’ve gotta talk to this guy”, or “this guy’s totally doing it right”. And it’s probably because I’m an Audi guy, but I read the new name as “TT Quattro before you”, leaving me expecting a first gen TT in your avatar. :laughing:

haha! The PDQ GP days are long gone but man they were fun. Back in the 90's to have a stock sedan run mid 14's was great. By 1999 I was on my third Grand Prix and had it running low 12's. The Q50S will run high 12's at 110-112mph which is quick and will do. I may flash a tune on it later but overall, I'm good.

Hey, wait a minute, aren't you the guy that's always pontificating about German quality and you bought a Japanese car?? :laughing:
Q50TTV6
QRS 400
Q50 RED
TTV6400
REDSPRT
400REDQ

Nice car by the way!

That's me! German Quality is still there in terms of fit/finish, especially inside and hands down while the RedSport has decent AWD, Audi's Quattro and Sport Diff are still by far one of the best out there.

TTQ B4U
12-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Does the Q50 run 11s too?
EASY11S
TURBOQ
ZEROLAG

Nope. High 12's stock.

Eldorado2k
12-13-2017, 10:44 AM
I’ve got it for you... You make a statement no matter what the situation, you are the master of all trades... How so? Well just roll up with license plates that state this. [emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171213/97dbf3f09f4a0487f112bbb9694a7018.jpg

Pro doctor, pro golfer, pro wrestler, or just keep it simple because everywhere you go people will stop and stare at how perfectly clean and swirl free your car is. And when they ask you how? Point to your plates and tell em you’re a Pro Detailer, duh. Lmao.

Eldorado2k
12-13-2017, 01:15 PM
Btw, that was humor.. I’m kind of surprised no 1 asked for an explanation. It’s ok, nevermind. [emoji4]

TTQ B4U
12-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Btw, that was humor.. I’m kind of surprised no 1 asked for an explanation. It’s ok, nevermind. [emoji4]

I read it a couple times but know you well enough from here to figure you weren't being snarky at me personally. No worries :) That said, I do have my share of strong opinions so that plate.....it works ;)

TTQ B4U
12-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Narrowing it down to the final few to pick from. Thinking the first one is the best thus far.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/166706896/small.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/166706980/small.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/166706966/small.jpg