PDA

View Full Version : Safe Snow Removal

UncleDavy
12-12-2017, 08:11 PM
My brother-in-law came up this weekend and witnessed our first snow fall of the season. He asked me about proper snow removal that will not scratch a nice car finish. I suggested a microfiber towel wrapped around a telescoping snow blade. I have also heard about the Sno Brum and its claim to be made of "non-abrasive foam". Are there any other ideas or suggestions?

TTQ B4U
12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Paint wise, I don't ever try to remove snow all the way down to the surface. Use a brush or foam snow blade of choice but just leave 1/2" on the surface. It will blow off or slide off on its own without much drama.

Bruno Soares
12-12-2017, 09:33 PM
This weekend i was able to clean my wife’s car with a leaf blower. Got all of the snow out. Depending on how much and how wet the snow is then it may or may not possible. For those situations I go with snow joe and as careful as possible.

machz
12-13-2017, 08:50 AM
I agree, I use a foam snow brush and never take all of the snow off

MattyL
12-13-2017, 12:16 PM
This weekend i was able to clean my wife’s car with a leaf blower. Got all of the snow out. Depending on how much and how wet the snow is then it may or may not possible. For those situations I go with snow joe and as careful as possible.

+1 Used the leaf blower on a snow covered car this past weekend and it worked great. Started the car, put the seat warmers and heat on, went around the car w/the blower in ~5 minutes- done. Hopped in the (warm) car w/95% of the snow off of it, all without the risk of marring/scratching the paint. Beautiful.

This particular snowfall was more on the powdery side, though, and I haven't tried the blower method w/wetter snowfalls yet, so YRMV.

DogRescuer
12-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah my neighbors already think I'm nuts so this past snow I used my new leaf blower also.